JULY 2011 Mommies

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by indusshailu, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Caramelpetal

Caramelpetal Bronze IL'ite

Hi girls..have some doubts..advice needed
    - Looks like Im getting back my periods...is this normal? I read that most women dont get periods back while BF??
    - Or could this be due to contraceptive pills i started last week?
    - I feel very uncomfy in my breast area..not the pain or heaviness due to milk but just some sort of a sensitive feeling in the nipple region specially...is this going to go away or is it just me feeling all this.???hate that feeling.
    - Advice on what to wear at home when at IL's place in Nov...they are kind of conservative..may not mind me wearing PJs..but not sure....I have never stayed with them for more than 15 days.. (this was after marriage and later after a year when we went to India for the first time) Im very comfy in PJs....I dont like nighties mainly because..just one or two I tried back in india are not long enough for me (I'm 5ft 8')..i look funny in them... u know its like 3/4th...may be u do get long ones..but got to search..but i hate being in them anyway..any suggestion girls????

2. uma84

uma84 New IL'ite

Hi all
    Sorry for not being regular....

Happy to announce that our lil princess has arrived this monday aug 1st 2011...through csec...we both are fine. We have named her Sriya.

3. rmynair

rmynair Bronze IL'ite

hi shruty
    Thanks alot:)
    well saying about pacifiers.i dint wanted to do it.But my MIL always askd me to giv it to her.i always try to keep her calm by myslf rathr dan using pacifiers.but then she is a cry baby now.so MIL also saying we will use pacifier.i knw it has both advantages n disadvantages.it will lead to ear infection,but its gud if dey suck in sleep ,it reduce the rate of Sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS),so m confused.Baby is so much clinging on to me.i have to pat her to sleep always taking her in arms and have to walk lik a cat to put her in her crib.tired!
    and abt tummy luks dark kinda burnt colour!eww i dont even wanna luk!phew i was 24 inch befr pregnancy fit n fine and now yuck i look lik a kangaroo with the flabby tummy.hehe.anyways i hop tim will heal everythng:( and my previous clothes r nt at all fittin me cos of bf.
    hav the same irritabl feeling to my breast as u said,dont knw hw to explain.

and try to get some front opn salwars stichd if u hv conservativ IL's whu don lik u wearin pyjamas,and yea short nighties will mak u funnier.first tim i wore was wen i gt preg.i lukd lik a laughin stalk.
    my mil sayin normlly periods won com for atleast two three months.so may be cos u strtd pills

4. rmynair

rmynair Bronze IL'ite

hi uma
    congrats dear.sriya s a nice name:)love tio her

5. Caramelpetal

Caramelpetal Bronze IL'ite

6. Ranjitjayanthi

Ranjitjayanthi Silver IL'ite

Hi Uma

CONGARTS to you dear ..sriya..sweet lovely name..
    how r u doing? helath better now...

do take ample of rest enjoy mother hood ...
    keep uodating us when you are free....

Hi n cheers to Little Sriya

love
    jayanthi(October 2011 club)

7. poone

poone Bronze IL'ite

Hi girls ,

Just got back from the hospital last night .. heres my birth story in short ...got some mild cramps on the 30th early morning and went straight to the hospital ...even after two inducings the pains did not progress any further , an emergency scan on the 31st at 12:00 PM showed LO had entangled herself with the UCord ..so doc suggested an emergency C sec ...Deeksha was born at 15:53 hours on 31st July :).

Both of us are doing fine ...well she has settled in , but iam having some issues with pain cos of the c sec ..but we are getting along , started BF from two days now ..

Congrats to all the new mums and best wishes to the expectants ...

will come back and read all the posts .

luv and regards

Siri

8. aquarian80

aquarian80 New IL'ite

Hi Caramel

You can try getting fenugreek(methi) capsules there. My first LO was born in US and i had taken 2-3 capsules daily. It really helped me increase my milk production. Also, to increase milk production you can try feeding LO in lesser duration and it will signal the body to start producing more milk so u can meet the LOs demand. I know it is not easy to do, but it helps.

Cheers,
    aquarian80

Last edited: Aug 5, 2011
  9. chotabheem

chotabheem Gold IL'ite

Congrats poone and uma on the arrival of your little angel!:party
    So pink is leading in July club :)

Hi Caramel;
    Pajamas are decent enough.. dont bother.. u can wear them if u r comfy in them.. or what u can do is u can wear front open kurtas on top of PJ's.. 5 ft 8..wow u r a model :)
    i knw i hate nighties too but started wearing them during the final months of pregnancy as the pants were digging into my tummy.. they were not front open.. i have made them front open now :biglaugh and using it..

Abt contraceptive pills, my gynaec told me its not safe to take it while bf. pls recheck with your doc once... she suggested copper-t... i have not decided anything as of now. Periods might be due to the pills.. i remember reading somewhere. my friend dint get back her periods even after 1 year as she is still bf her son and another friend of mine got it within 2-3 months.. i guess it also depends on the individual...

Tummy burnt as in that is the colour of the tummy, looks very dark ..almost blackish..as if its burnt

not sure abt the breast thing.. is it new.. may be its also due to pills?

hey how long did u have this sore nipples and breasts.. looks like its never gonna go away for me.. iam really struggling in pain.. and i have almost stopped feeding in my other breast as it hurts like hell while feeding.. using only one breast and due to constant continuous usage... its become very sore :drowning
    i dont doubt my latching technique..god knws whats the reason.. every feed mom helps me to latch the baby and she monitors the way i feed just to ensure that latching is not improper.. if this is not gonna get any better, i will visit some lactation consultant.

same here abt the tops; even the feeding bras are a waste i feel, the normal ones are much better for feeding, this feeding bras with lots of stitches here and there increases the soreness further and feel like screaming in pain when it touches the nipples. so done with shopping?

Hi Rmy,
    not sure abt pacifiers...i hv not bought them or used them.. its better not to use them.. i knw hw it feels whn th ebaby clings to u all the time.. here my parents takes care of baby most of the time.. i just feed him,rest and sleep all due to sore nipples.. iam not myself.. its horrible pain..worse than labour pain..

your baby is too cute dear :)

Hi vsharma;
    Very nice :) so enjoying with Vikash :) so how long have u taken ML? enjoy now and dont think of joining back now..

10. Minnuz

Minnuz Bronze IL'ite

Congrats Aquarium, Uma, Poone!!!

Hi girls, i had my chk up 2day. still LO's growth level is not satisfactory, so day aftr 2mrw (7th, sunday) is my c-sec. Plz pray for me frnds.... Need to buy & pack everythng 2mrw itself.

Wil update u later. Take care all.