Not feeling good for past 2 days

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by ptamil2007, Dec 5, 2007.

1. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

Past 2 days I havent been able to sleep well. Sleep is disturbed and also during the day I feel very very tired. At a loss of energy I am.

and strange enough I feel so hungry that after 1-2 hours of lunch, I feel hungry again.
    From day 1 of pregnancy, I have never ate this much :)
    Is this good for the baby?

I do can feel the baby movements a lot, :lol::lol:it kicks me down and it pains in the vaginal area

2. dsrini

dsrini Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I have gone thru' the same. Which trimester r u in?

I ate a lot during 2nd trimester. Don't worry but eat lot healthy snacks and food n try to avoid junk as much as possible. I know about the pain in the vaginal area when the baby kicks, do some kegel exercise and change ur position whether ur sitting or standing (this worked for me), drink water (atleast 8 glasses).

Take lot of rest and go for walk (if possible with ur husband) u will definitely feel better.

Congrats

Cheers
    -Dhivya

3. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

dear ptamil,
    i too faced sleep problem during my first preg,now also it has started.so,i try to sleep on normal time but if i am still awake after half hour i get up & read book or watch t.v.then after one hour i again try to sleep .
    try to rest during the day also.
    regarding hunger .just see that you eat small meals 5 times a day plus atleast 5 fruits & drink plenty of water.
    pain may be due to increasing utreus size but it is better to consult the doc.

4. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi divya, pragati,

I am in third trimester now at 30 weeks. Midwife told me that pains would be annoying but not a problem unless there is bleeding.

I guess, increasing weight is what is causing such uneasiness. Even I have heartburn problems. Its very irritating at times..

I have started getting up more often during night for naturecall. So its all adding up to the kind of uneasiness.

5. rajirocks

rajirocks New IL'ite

Hi,

In third trimester, hunger levels usually increase because the baby is growing fast and you must have gone past your vomitting sensation/nausea by now. So just a good time to eat something whenever you are hungry. When I was in a similar situation, I used to try to eat healthy stuff, but the hunger level and frequency won't allow me to do it all the time. So, I used to keep icecream or my favourite desserts/sweets handy so that when I get hungry at odd times, I can cater to my hunger happily (have eaten sweets in the middle of the night too). Don't eat too many biscuits (regular ones) bcoz they are usually made of maida and hence cause constipation and gases, and would add to your discomfort.

And waking up more often to answer nature'scall, well, it will continue. I hope you are always sleeping on your side (more on your left side) and not on your back. Or the baby's weight would press your spine, which is not good. Also keep some small pillows between your legs in the knee are, in case your legs are aching.

Enjoy your pregnancy!

Regards,
    Raji

6. ptamil2007

ptamil2007 Gold IL'ite

Hi raji,

Yes my hunger levels vary drastically day by day.
    Sleeping has become a tough one, bt yes, I am kind of finding comfortable positions to sleep.