Mangala Gowri Puja_2011

Discussion in 'Pujas Prayers & Slokas' started by deepagopalan, Aug 1, 2011.

1. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Mangala Gouri Puja or Shravana Mangala Gowri Puja, is an important Vrata observed by married women in Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka and in <?XML:NAMESPACE PREFIX = ST1 /><ST1:pLACE st="on">Maharashtra</ST1:pLACE>.

It is performed for a happy married life and for the long life of the husband for first 5years of married life. It is observed on Tuesdays in the Shravan or Sawan month (July – August).

This year the dates of Mangala Gowri Puja are on August 2, August 9, August 16 and August 23.

so tomorrow is my 3rd Mangala Gowri Puja,this year am in Finland came for my official work and will be back to India on September.This year Mangala Gowri i will be doing without my husbands presence :oops: since am staying alone here,my mil thought i wont be doing it since am in Finland,but i packed all the pooja items and kept it in luggage bag which she didnt knewed.My mil was telling to my DH that i will miss pooja and told him to keep pooja set with Sil so that she can keep my pooja set while she perform her mangala gowri pooja,but my Dh told i have already taken everything to Finland :),Now my Mil is so happy,she didnt expect that i will take pooja things with me since i came to finland for 3month office trip.
    so this is going to be my first pooja without my husband presence,i have made a small arrangement in kitchen for Pooja preparation,will post tommorrow the snaps.
    share your Mangala gowri too here..

Happy Shravan vrata.

Br,
    Deepa.

2. sumanr

sumanr Silver IL'ite

Hi Deepa

Its really good that you are not missing the pooja. I am doing the pooja for the 5th year this year and will be completing it. However, I want to buy a new mangala gowri silver idol but not able to get it in Chennai .... Do post some pics ....

3. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Hi Deepa,

Nice to know that your are performing the pooja even when you are in FInland...Ya if you have the pooja set then it will be little easy .....
    I am also performing the mangala gowri pooja ..its my 4th Year ....Today morning got up at 4 o clock ..and did the pooja before my DD woke up ...

4. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Thank you Suman.

Nice to hear it from you dear.So hope this year will be very special to you?Me too need to buy a new one,after returning back to India i will buy one,here it will be available during this season.
    yep here are my pics..i will upload it now.

5. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

Dear Anisu..

Glad to know about your fourth year,well i didnt bring much pooja set coz already the luggage bag went over loaded,so i bought only the main things required ,you can see it in the snap itself,its simple with little pooja items,at home i have big photos of god and goddess so couldnt able bring any photos ,i took only mangala gowri set (lingam).
    -deepu

6. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

7. deepagopalan

deepagopalan Gold IL'ite

The order of the snap is from bottom to top,am staying in students block so ladies are 2% hardly we can see them out and more over there is no indians in my building so i consider the 5 supari as 5 ladies and keep haldi kumkum to it.

8. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Dear Deepa, despite being so far away in a foregin land you ahve not given away the tradition and culture followed in your family.

May god bless you and your entire loving family.

I am very sure that your MIl would be so happy having you as their DIL dear !!

Next question from me........so will you be back for Navarathri celebration ?? I am already visualising your golu dear !!

Best wishes dear !!

9. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Nice snaps Deepa...

so lingam is the main for your pooja ...

But mine is slightly different way of doing the pooja ....

I keep the photo of God Shiva and Parvathi, then 5 blouse pieces folded in triangle shape, 16 beetal leaves and 16 supari, then make gowri out of haldi, place it on a jaggery,then keep the kalash and perform pooja ....I shall post the snap soon..

10. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

2 mangala Gowri.jpg Managla gowri Pooja.jpg

This is the photo of the Managla gowri pooja for this week...

1 person likes this.