1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Can you share?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by Srama, Aug 1, 2011.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

With almost a two month long vacation, I came back to a parched garden with no vegetables - I had not planted them and more weeds - I had not planted them either!! While I am talking myself to get back there and clean up, this unusally hot summer is making me lazy and forcing me to stay indoors. With summer almost coming to an end, I am sure I won't be planting anymore. However just cleaning up, with the hope that I can share some lovely fall pictures with all of you. While I get ready to do that can I ask you ladies to please share your lovely garden pictures - anything..... a new flowering plant, a new successful vegetable plant, a fruit tree or just your lovely yards and gardens?

Look forward to some pictures, some information about the plant, tips, anything new that you have tried and why growing that was special. Please share the joys of gardening!!

2. cheerful

cheerful Bronze IL'ite

b_humming bird.JPG butterflygarden1.JPG
    Sabitha, I hope you had a nice vacation...wow...two months sounds too good...

Like you I didn't plant any annuals this year...but the perennials are doing good...I have this new Limelight hydrangea blooming now in along with some other plants in my butterfly garden. This one is planted in last fall and is blooming really well. It has creamy white flowers, this is a tree hydrangea, so it looks neat than the regular mophead hydrangea. My other hydrangeas are still in growing stage, not really established...but this one is doing well in just 6-7 months....grows along with a purple garden phlox and two butterfly bushes...totally butterfly magnet..my son and kids are enjoying ..running behind the butterflies, humming birds and bees..

Also sharing a picture of a four leaf clover that caught my eye while weeding the garden...This is the first time I seeing a four leaf clover..There were two in the same plant..heard it's very rare and lucky

I m attaching some pictures here....how is your garden cleaning coming up? It has been so hot here...I couldn't do much in the garden...

Attached Files:

6 people like this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Oh cheerful, you made my day!!! Thanks for sharing those lovely lovely pictures. Yes, 4 leaved clover is rare and is considered lucky - I think you should pluck it and press it in a book :) You know I have never managed to grow hydrangeas well - I am in awe of yours!! best thing that kids can do - run after butterflies and watch humming birds and the best thing a mom can do is to enjoy them enjoying all these. How are the kids doing? I am sure the younger one is ready to crawl!! Send some pictures please!!

Thanks for your lovely pictures cheerful - they did cheer me up :)

4. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi cheerful:

Lovely pictures, lovely plants! The butterfly bush is popularly known as Buddleja (I guess it is partly the botanical name) in the UK. It is a beautiful plant when in bloom. Loved it's purple colour here:)

Sindhu

5. cheerful

cheerful Bronze IL'ite

guys..I posted a reply..seems like it's disappeared...

6. cheerful

cheerful Bronze IL'ite

>>I think you should pluck it and press it in a book :) You know I have never managed to grow hydrangeas well - I am in awe of yours!! best thing that kids can do - run after butterflies and watch humming birds and the best thing a mom can do is to enjoy them enjoying all these. How are the kids doing? I am sure the younger one is ready to crawl!! Send some pictures please!!

>>Srama...I showed that clover to my son..next day he picked it up..i was little bit upset..I wanted to show it to some of my friends...They my son said..."that 's what little bear did when he saw a 4 leaf clover"...so now like you said ...i pressed it on a book...my regular hydrangeas are a big flop...not doing well...that one in the picture was an easy to grow one..ii think i need to renew my PM, then i will send you my kids photos..how is yours kids doing?.....

b/w..i am so happy that flowers cheered you up...in happiness or sadness flowers are our friends always...

Sindu..thank you...Buddleja is the name here too...in the tag that comes with the bush...i have no idea how to pronounce that..:)

I remember seeing your garden pictures in the past.. plse share some more with us..