Cakes

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by Mgal, Jul 21, 2011.

1. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Beautiful pa..super LIKES!

2. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Exquisite cake decoration with lovely colour combination and I am sure they are as yummy as they look............I will not feel like cutting them at all.
    Waiting to see more..

3. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

wow... wonderfull.

I am absolutely jealous on you.I too bake cakes and try to decorate them for my kids birthdays and mine will come out very worst.Even then, i would proudly say it's my creation.

Now i understand how much pride you can have with all these wonderfull works.I wish to learn from you.

You must be a very very talented and patient lady with an artistic mind.

1 person likes this.
  4. Mgal

Mgal Bronze IL'ite

Hi Huma, here is the chocolate cake recipe i follow

1c + 2tsp (250g/9 oz) butter, softened
    1.5 c (300g/11 oz) sugar
    1 tsp (5ml) vanilla extract
    3 eggs (I used 3.5 of our eggs - they tend to be smaller)
    2.25 c (257 g/9oz) all-purpose flour
    3/4 tsp (3.75ml) baking soda
    1/4 (1 ml) tsp salt
    1/2 cup (41g/1.5 oz) cocoa powder
    2 tsp (10ml) instant coffee powder (I didn't have any, I used a couple grams more of the cocoa powder)
    1c + 2tbsp (255 ml/9fl oz) whole milk (I used 3/4 cup 2% and the rest half and half)
    (Another time, did 3/4 2% milk, 1/4cup half and half, and 2 T sour cream)

1. Preheat oven to 350

2. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugar with an electric mixer until mixture is light in color and fluffy in consistency.

3. Add vanilla

4. Add eggs one at a time, beating well

5. In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together

(make sure to scrape bowl here)

6. Add half of the dry ingredients to the butter mixture, then half of the milk, then more dry ingredients and more milk. Continue until all the ingredients are added. Do not overmix (You may start on the next addition before the previous one is completely mixed in.)

7. Pour batter into a pan(abt 9") lined with parchment paper and bake 40 to 50 minutes. (Bake until done, according to the size of the pan. .)

1 person likes this.
  5. Mgal

Mgal Bronze IL'ite

Sorry for the very late reply gals! Had been busy with few personal work! :)

Thanks Riya, Sudha, Vani,vidhchakra, ARuna,ilovetulips, Srividya, spuppala, sritas, april1981 and everyone who liked my cakes! :)

Thanks for the wonderful idea! Will do that once I start my business. I just have a microwave oven with convection oven features! Wud be tough doing a bigger cake! I will be getting my convection oven installed in my new home in couple of months! Will definitely implement ur idea! Thanks again! :)

I stay close to Electronic city in case u need me! I wud be glad to do! :)

Thanks Kamla! I do not kno wat is FP of the month, but thanks! :) I shd thank Sonia who asked me to post it here! I am planning to start a business, but I don't kno, I was bit hesitant! But thanks to all the boost u gals have given me! Will start soon. I have registered my website. Will start working on that!
    I learnt abt the Nilgiris competition. I came to India last Novemeber. So, I missed that! Will do it nxt time for sure!
    And abt the color, its an inspiration frm one of my teacher, Ann Warren! Her colors will be eye-catching! I can sit all day watching her decorate a cake in Awe!
    Thanks Hema! U shd have seen my first set of cakes! I wud laugh at that if I see now! Anything u do for ur kids will always be beautiful! We shd be proud of our creations no matter wat! Here I shd thank my teachers n friends who refined me right!

Last edited: Jul 31, 2011
  6. Mgal

Mgal Bronze IL'ite

More cakes
    DSC_0687-1.JPG

My first set of cupcakes after coming to India!

DSC_0101-2.jpg

A sponge cake covered in whipped cream topped with cherries! Was teaching a friend how to do a simple cake!

DSC_0070-1.jpg

My anniversary cake!

DSC_0621.jpg

I wouldn't call this a cake! Its just my beautiful roses (all hand-made) sitting on a dummy covered in fondant!

2 people like this.
  7. kavithasakthi

kavithasakthi Senior IL'ite

Hi Dear

I love all your cake decoration.all your efforts are in the form of cake .luv your work.where didu learnt this in us.

Regards
    Kavitha

8. chitrajaraika

chitrajaraika Platinum IL'ite

Mgal just now seen your updated cake designs really amazing dear.i dont know how to say by words.all are awesome work

as some IL friends sugessted you can try for 3 star and 5 star hotels and restaurants

9. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

awesome....what more to say...i am lost...not able to find any proper words to explain the beauty of your creations...great work :-D

10. Mgal

Mgal Bronze IL'ite

I learnt in NewJersey. I went to Wilton courses all the 4 of them. Then I became a member of cake decorators grp where they bring cake artists to teach us or fellow members teach their techniques! I also attended a class of Ann Warren frm Cupcake Cafe at NYC! That's it!

Will sure try Sonia! I am planning to prepare a portfolio as well!

Thanks Swaran! :)