OP Kits or BBT or Cervial Mucus

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by vchan, Jul 28, 2011.

1. vchan

vchan New IL'ite

Dear ILs

Hope all are doing good. I am confused about my ovulation for the past couple of months. I am tracking my BBT for close to 5 months and i see that till 13th day or so, the temperature remains 97.2 - 97.6. On the 14th day, it elevates to 97.7 and then after 2 days becomes > 98 till AF where it again dips to 97.2+
    For the past 3 months i am on clomid and using OPKit (First Response) along with BBT. The first month was normal. On 14/15th day there were 2 double lines and elevation in temperature. However last month and this month, the following happened :

BBT was as usual elevated on 14th day and shot up till AF. But i never saw a double solid line in OP Kit. My cervical mucus was however sticky and was able to expand it during those days. When i use OPKit on 7th day or so, there was just 1 line. On the 13, 14 th day, it had 2 lines but was not as dark as the reference line. I tried till the 17th - 18th day still no dark double line(similar to the reference line).

My acupuncturist is asking me to go by Cervical mucus or BBT and not OPKit. My OBGYN is asking me to bank on OPKit alone. I am going to try my IUI in October and the thought worries me. Am i ovulating or not ? Is it wise to go with IUI with such a case ? I am yet to meet my OBGYN regarding this. Someone please clarify my doubts.

Love,
    V

2. Binz85

Binz85 Silver IL'ite

Dear vchan,

If your BBT remains high till next Af you are definitely ovulating.Dont rely on OPK alone.You probably missed the ovulation with OPK and that it is a quick surge in-between test ..you are getting no lines on7 and faint lines on13/14..might be you missed the surge in between that time...try different time for testing or different day (10 to 14)..I read it somewhere it works well on afternoon urine without taking water for 3-4hrs..

3. meetumeetu

meetumeetu New IL'ite

Hey Vchan,

I took the OPK twice a day from day 10 to day 17 to begin with but remember that the surge lasts only for a short time and you could have very well missed it.For me , the cervical mucus and BBT works well.Also the temperature will raise in the BBT only after you ovulated.So, there are very good chances that you ovulated .My clinic always tells me to look for two lines rather than that of the darkness of the line.