Indian Cricket Team - how to fix it

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Nirmala, Apr 18, 2005.

1. Nirmala

Nirmala New IL'ite

I refuse to criticize any of the Indian team players as this won't result in things getting better, long term. I want to look at a fundamental level and look for ways to fix it.

The following are the things, i think, should be done to fix it, long term:
    * Using a committee of accomplished former / present players and international team builders, develop a team selection process, team building program, match preparation program etc. Adopt the recommendations at national and state level.

* Market state level cricket teams in so that playing in state cricket teams is an economically rewarding career.

* Conduct district and state level contests to provide opportunity for economically disadvantages but talented players to get noticed, and sign up with sponsors.

What do you think?

2. Indusgirl

Indusgirl New IL'ite

Hello Nirmala,

I think the Pakistan team outplayed Indian team. They gained momentum to level the test series. Even in one day matches they were down by 0-2 and then went off to win the series by 4-2.

:idea: As far as fixing up for Indian teams are considered, I think the Board has to nurture more all-rounder players who is good at all aspects of cricketing, that is, fielding, bowling and batting. Only if there is a good talent of all-rounders could there be more winning streaks for India.

bye.