Due date - JAN 2012

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by rosita19, May 18, 2011.

1. kokila21

kokila21 New IL'ite

Dear Jan 2012 momies,

Congratulations to all pregnant moms
    I too pregnant...My due date is 2nd Jan 2012 :)
    Happy Pregnancy to all

Koki

2. golumolu

golumolu Silver IL'ite

Hi Kokila, Congratulations and welcome to the club.

Asha - Good, so you announced it in office. I m yet to do. I m also planning how and when to declare pregnancy at work as i dont think i would be able to hide it for long time, my dull face can leak the info
    anytime now so the sooner the better :) hey so you started feeling fluttering..cool cool. I m waiting for this
    moment. I have heard that 1st time mommies feel it later. Waiting for the big day.

3. ashapradeep

ashapradeep Bronze IL'ite

Congratulations Kokila and welcome!!! How are u feeling? Hope u dint suffer from MS. Is this ur first baby?

Golumolu, I was waiting to make the announcement after my NT scan. I cudnt hide any longer and not surprising though that most of my colleagues had guessed I might be pregnant. I have started putting on a lot of weight since the start of this pregnancy and it is pretty obvious these days. The second time, its natural to start showing early as the muscles have memory and start expanding sooner :rant.
    Yaah it was nice to feel the movements but for the past few days i havent felt any :bonk. I was told at my scan that my placenta was anterior. She dint make a big deal of it. Just mentioned it in the passing. I was thinking of asking my Dr at my next appt. As usual, I was curious to see what it meant and from I read it means that the placenta is lying in front of the uterus. It is not harmful but will make movements less prominent and listening to the heartbeat might also be a little difficult. Otherwise it should be fine. I have to confirm at my next visit.
    Asha

4. subakutty

subakutty Platinum IL'ite

Hi all

I came in to wish all moms. Congrats on your pregnancy.

May god bless you all with happy pregnancy and safe delivery

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Koki,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies. :) You can find our forum guidelines here...
    Congrats on your pregnancy. :)
    Eat healthy & Stay healthy!
    Enjoy your pregnancy journey!

6. golumolu

golumolu Silver IL'ite

Thanks Suba for lovely wishes.

Asha - I couldn't stop laughing reading that "muscles have memory" [​IMG]
    Since doctor didn't tell anything i think everything is alright and you should not worry about placenta positioning.

MY HB count came less(10) and so doctor put me on High Dose Calcium and Iron tablets. Doctor instructed me to take milk 2 times a day and eat iron rich food but you know its quite difficult for me to follow a diet now a days. Most of the time my MS does let me eat properly and i end up eating lot of junk food. Please motivate me to eat well. Whats your diet plan and how do you maintain to eat properly.

And yes...This is my 1st baby [​IMG]

7. ashapradeep

ashapradeep Bronze IL'ite

Golumolu, its true what I said. Every part of my body seems to have memory except of course my brain [​IMG]. I have become so absent-minded since getting pregnant.... I conveniently blame it on the baby:bonk.
    Do take the tablets that the dr prescribed to maintain ur Hb levels. And a lot of milk coz at this point, baby needs Ca for bone development and if u dont take adequate amounts, it will start taking your Ca stores which will make ur bones weak. Its gud to get into the habit now, u ll need it later on too after the delivery when u r nursing. I know I should be doing it too but I hardly take a glass of milk every day :bonk. Have to start taking more milk...
    I take prenatal vitamins, which has iron and Ca. I think in India, they ask you to take folic acid in the initial months and then switch to iron and Ca in 4th or 5th month. These are some natural food that can improve the Hb (Egg yolks,Dark leafy greens (spinach, collards), Dried fruit (prunes, raisins),Iron-enriched cereals and grains (check the labels), Turkey or chicken giblet, Beans, lentils, chick peas and soybeans,Liver, Artichokes). Hope ur MS subsides soon and you can eat better.
    I dont follow any diet plans, Golumolu. With my first pregnancy, I used to follow everything so religiously. Eat the right amount of proteins, veggies etc. The second time u ll realise that u tend to be more relaxed. I still have my cupa tea in the mrng. I never touched caffeine last time, I used to even avoid chocolates:rotfl. Now I eat what I feel like eating. I am still hungry all the time. But instead of having junk at work, I take a bowl of fruits and nuts everyday to work. I have dates handy if I crave for sweets. Trying my best to keep it healthy. Try to eat atleast 3 kinds of fruits and 3 kinds of veggies. If u r a non -vegetarian, have an egg everyday. I can take non -veg yet. It was the same with me last time too. I cudnt have any meat till I was 5 months.
    I havent had my Dr's appt since the NT scan. The next appt is next week. So, might bring it up to him then. The movements are not very obvious this time still. They come and go randomly. Wondering if it cud be coz of the placenta. Anyway, I am not too worried abt it as long as everything else is fine.
    Sorry abt my essay. I somehow have great difficulty making anything short, especially when it comes to IL :rotfl. Hope everyone else is doing well...
    Anyone already found out or will be finding out soon as to the gender of the baby?
    Asha

8. Prachi.B

Prachi.B Bronze IL'ite

Hi all Jan 2012 mommies,

Congrats to all of you!

I am also due in Jan 2012.

Regards,

Prachi

9. golumolu

golumolu Silver IL'ite

Hi Prachi,

Congratulations and welcome.
    What is your due date?
    Keep posted.

10. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Golumolu,
    With growing baby inside, its said to find decrease in blood count in mom. So, don't worry; just take the tablets & move on! Take care! Eat healthy & stay healthy!

Congrats again Prachi! :)
    Take care.