1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Me and my little princess

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by prana, Jul 22, 2011.

1. prana

prana IL Hall of Fame

My little princess is now 2 ¼ years old. She used to talk tooo much for her age. Still I remember the day, she giggled for the first time after she born. She was 3 months old then. Her father was carrying her in his laps and made some cuckoo sounds to her. I was as usual busy with my house chores. All of a sudden, she started giggling loudly as he made those sounds. Boy, you should hear the sound. I felt that I was in a heaven. She was laughing non stop for another few minutes. I too joined with her with tears in my eyes. Yes, I don’t know the reason but tears were rolling down my cheeks. Still, if I see any kids laughing I used to think that definitely god is there, but not residing in temples, in our pooja rooms as everyone expects. God is there in the pure heart. The heart which is full of love, affection, innocence will host the almighty.

Back to the point, then it comes to her first roll over; I was talking over the phone by keeping an eye on her. She was trying something. I could understand what she tried to do. Immediately I cut the call, and called my better half. We both were relishing that beautiful scene. Yes, finally she did her first achievement. She rolled over from her back to tummy. I captured it in my camera as well as in my mind. So that it would be remain forever.

Her first solid food, first crawling by chest, then the usual crawling, first sit with pillows support, first few steps by clutching by hands - all were unforgettable moments in my life. Now this little girl started her blabbering too. But I should admit it is not at all a blabbering. She talks very very clearly. The below is the sample conversation of ours. It is just a trailer alone; the main picture would be lengthier than this.:)

When we go for evening walks, she pointed out some stranger and asked me. Thus the conversation goes like this…
    She: ma, who s this? (idhu yaaru)
    Me: Uncle kuttima.
    She:who is this uncle?(indha uncle yaaru?)
    Me:(Grrr..)someone da…(yaro oru uncle da)
    She:where he is heading??(uncle enga poranga)
    Me:To his home..(veetukku)
    She:why he is going??(edhuku poranga)
    Me:He feels hungry da. so he is going to take his food
    She:what food he would take?(enna sapda poranga)
    Me:dosa da…
    She:where is his mom?(avanga amma enga)
    Me:at his home..(veetla)
    She:what she is doing?(avanga amma enna panranga)
    Me:what is this kutti..How do I know it da…(slowly loosing my temper)
    She:mummy sleeping a..ok..(koongarangala..sari)

By now she understands that mom becomes insane. So she would finish it with her own answer.
    After few min,

She:ma,who is this(this time it would be some dogs,cats,goats..) :bonk

Unless she sleeps, she talks. To be precise, asks questions. I think she gets these genes from her beloved mom. I really wonder how her small brain asks these much questions. I do always want to give genuine answers to her questions. Initially it made me frustrated for explaining each and everything to her. Later I developed the patience and try to answer all her questions without yelling at her.

I used to tell her not to keep her fingers unnecessarily on her genitals, nose, and mouth. One day her father was reading newspaper, by scratching his nose. She promptly went to him and told, “ppaa,don’t you have sense(sense irukka?),don’t touch your nose. It’s a bad habit”(mookku thodadha.thappu.)
    My better half was trying to explain her he was just scratching it. But she never gave ears to him. She was kept on asking him “sense iruka?”:bonk

Other day, both of them were talking by lying on the bed. She was kissing and hugging her dad. DH told her funnily to ask me to go out of the house and sleep at the verandah. She immediately ran away from him and came close to me and told by kissing me,”nee poi anga koongu.amma pavam.”(poor mom, you go and sleep there. )My Dh was …:drowning

Whenever I remain silent, she would come to me and ask,”why are you so upset. Did I do anything wrong?”.(amma en ummunu iruka.papa enna panunen?) What could be my reply? .I would just hug and kiss her.

This busy bee can’t be idle for more than five minutes. For making her sit for five minutes, you have to entertain her with some stories, baby pictures, rhymes etc, else she would just fly away. Earlier sometimes I cribbed for running behind her all the time. Now I just took it positively and do it as my exercises. So this is also one my workouts..:cheers

Last week I met my school teacher and was talking with her for sometime. She was very much surprised that I quit my job for my DD. She told me that though studied in a well reputed college, worked for a sw company, am baby sitting my daughter. Many of my relatives and friends told the same to me. It’s been 2 years since I quit my job. But surely I don’t have any regression for it. If I would have gone to work, I would surely miss all those beautiful moments with my daughter. Job is there, I would grab it one day in future.Till then, I want to enjoy all these days with my little girl.

Any mother would stop bragging about her kid? I don’t want to bore you further. Let me stop here…:)

25 people like this.

2. Riyakathir

Riyakathir Platinum IL'ite

dear prana... verysweet post... in some pont i had tears in my eyes.. god bless you dear... and your little angle too... happy mother hood..... love you

3. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

Dear prana,
    Very nice!!! You have poured your heart out...
    I enjoyed reading this

4. ambika04

ambika04 Gold IL'ite

Sweet post prana..

5. nihasvin

nihasvin Platinum IL'ite

Hey Prana..ur lil angle s cho sweet!! i too sail in the same boat..i have resigned once i become pregnant ;) and never i regret my decision. They are really a bundle of joy and we are really blessed to have such cutie pies...They show us the heaven in the earth.. she will turn 3 nxt month and i have learnt a lot frrom her already :) Once she was born, i understood wat a motherhood is and my respect to my mom has grown infinitely(though we all love our mom always :) )
    Its better explained in the song 'oru deivam thanda poove' from kannathil muthamittal..
    Hugs and kisses to ur baby :)

6. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Enjoy yourself prana.. only thing is these little princesses grow up too fast so make the most of it. I am so glad that you are enjoying every stage of hers.

7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Prana dear enjoyed reading about your little princess. Brought me memories of my children when they were kids. Your little princess is so sweet. You have to be very careful when we tell something because later they point out our mistakes. I think now a days children learn when they are in the womb only because their mothers are talented.

While reading your snippet I was chatting with my younger daughter and she was telling me about her daughter who is two and half years old. It seems there was an insect on the ceiling and she got scared of the insect. She gave me voice call and told her to tell me about the insect. I could see her in the webcam holding her mother tight. My daughter was telling her you go to sleep fast otherwise the insect will bite you. Usually she takes long time to go to sleep and today scared of the insect she went to sleep immediately.

I miss my grandchildren very much one is in Dubai and the other in London. Till 5 years its nice to watch the kids and enjoy each action of theirs. Since I was working could not enjoy much. And now grandkids are also far away. Good atleast I am able to see them through webcam and voice chat with them

8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Prana dear today I think problem in IL , first it was not opening , then could log in. I typed a long fb to you, luckily I had copied it , when I went to post it said cannot find server. Two three other ILites also said they are not able to post in IL

9. ArabianDoll

ArabianDoll Senior IL'ite

This is such a cute post and the way you narrated here is so live.Keep enjoying her sweet talks.

10. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

Hi Prana,

Excellent narration and i can picture every instance...

I have a 2.5 year old and I would ditto whatever you have narrated. She asks me a lot of questions similar to your little one. At one point I really used to get annoyed, the main part is she would never ask her dad and would ask me all the time.

She used to ask the same thing.. indha mama yaru, peru enna, enga irukaa.. etc etc..
    when she asks those questions i used to link something or the other in which i want her to do better and say that indha akka chamatha mammu (food) sapduva, athan parkla vilayadara etc etc..

I always used to feel, it is a small world for them and they are in the process of understanding the worldly concepts, hence these questions arise.. for them it is a sense of oneness, seeing every person, she might think they are all related..and it is just one race.. the human race..

5 people like this.