1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

prestige issue

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sriniketan, Dec 2, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

I have orignal hair, half and half.Wife had white and she dyes them.I dont and never will.

I want to look old, and wise.Old i am , but wise i am not.Waiting when my hair turns silver.Dont u like Richard Gere the hollywood actor eh ! I want to look like him.

Glad i have hair, white or grey or black, better than being bald, what say ! HAHA.Regards.kamal

2. Tamildownunder

Tamildownunder Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sriniketan,

Very interesting topic on which your write-up as usual is nice. Having white hair is majestic on some people. Madam Indira Gandhi with part black and part white hair looks very elegant and beautiful to me. Years back in the Tamil movie 'Paalum Pazhamum' Sivaji Ganesan had such a hair styel with part black and part white hair which looked good on him. Some how, I do not have a single white hair and many people think that I am dying my hair black which is not correct. I used to tell them, if you want to test that you are welcome to pour a bucket of water on my head. people use Mehandi (marudhani) on hair to prevent it becoming white. But, it gives a reddish colour to the hair making it look aweful.

Regards,

TDU

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 9, 2007
  3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Thanks for your philosophical note at the end, Kamalji,
    but who is going to worry if they go bald---the only worry will be about its growth, and not about its color. hahaha..
    This is life---one worries even if it is there or if it is not there, right!

sriniketan

4. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Hey Kanaka,
    you do not look a day older than 25, really. If you dress up in salwar or pants or something like that, you will be taken for a college going girl. You do not look 44, next time we meet, I shall have to be on the opposite side from you (I am 44 but you know how I look).
    Jokes apart, you are lucky in that way. I am the last in the family and am always mistaken for the eldest-reasons are- I am heavier than my siblings, akka does not have children and my hair colour. I just keep mum most of the time, it is better this way.

5. RamyaVaradharajan

RamyaVaradharajan Bronze IL'ite

Dear Srini ma'am, of course all daughters (and sons) have soft corners for their mothers, and always let out an outbreak to enjoy their mom getting on to the peak :queen :cheers.

You know something, I called my mom and showed her what i had replied for your post, and that situation left thousand butterflies zwitter inside me:) SHE FELT SHY AND HER CHEEKS TURNED PINK (in her shade of skin color).

Yes, always nature demands its way and when left to her (nature's) choice she outsmarts all ours!

Regards

6. RamyaVaradharajan

Dear Kamal ji,

An excellent will power showcased. My regards and wishes. My father too is unique for that matter of concern.

Soon we will have our "IL Richard Gere" being photographed and portrayed :) :queen:cheers

Regards

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

You did a good job, Ramya showing this article to your mom. These are some simple ways that we can make them happy, in their words,' childhish pranks'.
    Nature is always smart, we always copy from it!

sriniketan

8. RamyaVaradharajan

Dear most Srini ma'am, Thank you! Ya, all pranks i do go well with my mom:)

True, mankind always emulates nature's principles!

Regards

9. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hi Srini,

The same goes with the eye glasses too.When I was in my teenage. we three siblings had the glasses.and in school nobody cared and gave some complements too like you look matured and intelligent,but when when I entered into college people started asking ,saying about the glasses and even adviced me to go for an operation.I didn't care and finished my studies with them.after the studies we three got repaired our eyes and they are working well now.

10. RamyaVaradharajan

Dear Krish ma'am,

One incident stroke past as i read your post. During childhood i was afraid to meet people who wore spectacles. Once, for my interview (for admission) my parents accompanied me to Church Park Convent (if am not wrong); till then i was happy playing with my father and talking non-stop; once the sister came, i was on my heels. Did not even go near her when she addressed me. Guess why? Yes, she was wearing glasses:)

I did not even utter a word it seems, though the sister liked me a lot and had asked me to just tell the color of my mom's sadi (just a single word for my admission to click)Even now my mom used to talk about that and laugh. But now, am succumbed to glasses (though i wear lenses now-a-days).

Not a matter to laugh about, but to think! Only now i realize the circumstances under which i have acted as a kid.

Yes, as you say, wearing glasses provokes comments from our peers and we tend to succumb to those that are unnecessary.

Regards