1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Kannathil Muthamittal

Discussion in 'Movies' started by iyerviji, Jul 19, 2011.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I hope I have written the movie name correctly. So missing my sleep I watched this movie but could not watch the last one hour as no current I think where the cable connection is there.
    It brought tears to my eyes as my two daughters have adopted a girl child each.
    When Simran and Madhavan go to see the baby it brought tears in my eyes when the baby was catching Simran's hands. It brought me memories of my elder daughter's baby as me and my husband only had gone to see her. When I took the baby in my hand she gave a smile and that time I thought I should take her and my dh also thought the same. She is a cute baby and everyone likes her very much.

I cried for a long time when I was watching the movie because it was very touching and everytime it was reminding me of my grand daughte. I felt very touched when the girl is told that she is adopted and she enquires about ther mother. Madhavan and Simran reminded me of my daughter and son in law. Their characters are same as Madhavan and my son in law. My grand daughter is very much attached to them and cant bear if they shout at her. They never shout especially her father but when he shouts she feels very hurt , then she will say I will tell my mama.

After seeing the movie I thought my daughter and son in law should not tell her at anytime. Don’t know in what way she will take it. She might get upset that they are not their parents and might have hatred towards her mother who left her or might want to see her mother and go to her. But in her case her mother is not alive. So problems might not be there but still she should not be told as her love for her parents might become less or she might feel sad or can be happy also thinking though she is not their daughter, they love her so much.
    The movie was very touching because we have also adopted but felt sad that I could not see the movie till the last. If anyone has seen please tell me whether the girl is able to meet her mother. They had gone in search of her and I think she saw her father.

5 people like this.

2. Coffeelover

Coffeelover Platinum IL'ite

Viji, the movie is the best movie by Mani Ratnam. Everyone acted very well. Your grand daughter and your son in law and DD are very luck. God has given them as chance to be a family. Your GD may get upset to hear about her birth mother, but she will be ok with the love the great family. Her cousin is adopted too. We are all adopted by someone. You ahve adopted all of us as siters, brothers and children. Don't love love us equally???
    I always feel that you don't need to give birth to love someone. Don't we love our sisters, brothers and even husband. I have lived in so many people, some of the incidents were not great. But I am thankful God gave me a chance to live them and learn. I was upset with them for their treatment, now I am slowly forgetting the bad incidents and have started appreciating. Whay I am saying is that kids will be mad first, then they will continue to love their parents.
    Regarding the movie, you need to see it. Sorry I can't tell you the ending. Beautiful one.
    Have a great day. By the way, your grand daughters are lucky to have caring and loving grand parents.
    CL

1 person likes this.
  3. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

Hi aunty! I was wondering what u would have written with this title, other than the movie. Glad that you liked it. We too love that movie and my DD has seen it so many times. Even now if it is shown, she will sit and see. It is her favourite film.

I agree that adopted parents, should, in no circumstance reveal the truth to the child. Once the child knows, the child will not only long to see the original parents but also feel whether the adopted parents would have true love and affection.

I was also reminded of Gopika and Pratima, the cute kids. How are they? My love and warm hugs to them.

4. Sudha Kailas

Sudha Kailas IL Hall of Fame

Amma, if you remember, we had some conversation few days ago.
    Never should the parents tell the child that he/she is adopted.
    The movie is superb and hopefully you get a chance again to see the end.

5. lakshmisumesh

lakshmisumesh Senior IL'ite

Hi Vijima,

It is one of my fav. movies too. I'm so happy to hear that your daughters have adopted. It is a really great thing to do.

The kid gets to meet her mother. The climax of this movie is awesome. Please take a cd or dvd and watch the movie.

Lakshmi

6. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

I love this movie too and thanks for reminding me again about this wonderful film. Mani is a genius in film-making and this film is a testimonial to the fact. When this film was first released, there were many criticisms and oppositions to the particular scene where the parents tell the truth about the daughter's adoption. Many felt that Madhavan and Simran should not have disclosed the truth to Amudha and criticised Mani for making such an ill-fitted scene. I whole-heartedly disagreed with all those criticisms. First of all, whether to disclose the truth about adoption is one's prerogative after all. If the parents felt that it was best to disclose the truth, then they should, regardless of its outcome. Mani is not advocating that every parents should disclose the truth about adoption to their adopted kids. He's merely telling a story about parents who did the same.

But on a personal point of view, I feel that every child should be informed about the truth of their birth. It is the child's right to know about his/her birth and we shouldn't let him/her live a lie throughout their life. One day the truth will eventually come out-in one way or another. When the time comes and the child gets to know about it from a third source, then that's when the real problem begins. The child would start feeling that there was something horrible about his/her past that the adopted parents feel the need to hide the truth from him/her. The child would then begin to resent everything and everyone around him/her and the problems would never end.

On the other hand, the child should be educated to know that there's nothing more beautiful in life than adoption. There's nothing to be ashamed of in adopting a kid, for every child that borns to this world is God's gift. How he/she grows up to be is then left to the individual. And adoption works both way. Adoption doesn't mean that only the child is being adopted. The parents are also being adopted by the child. For childless parents, the adopted child is the gift for their parenthood. The child gives them a purpose to live, a new lease of life, a sense of being a family. And that's teh beauty of it. So I don't understand why people are shying or being ashamed of disclosing the truth of such a beautiful bond.

1 person likes this.
  7. nandinibabu

nandinibabu Bronze IL'ite

Dear Viji Mam,

its a wonderful movie..even i watched it yesterday with my daughter(8 yrs old)..this is 4 th or 5th time iam watching this..last portion of the movie is very touching and you can watch it in youtube..just checked and the movie is available in youtube.

8. manjubashini

manjubashini IL Hall of Fame

Ya vijimma it's a wonderful movie. And also i am glad to know about ur gd and ur love towards her. Ur all simply awesome that's all i could say.

9. shameel

shameel Silver IL'ite

Hai vijima, yes very touching movie, i too had tears .

10. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

CL dear thanks for the first fb. Ya dear I also liked it very much and was watching the movie continuously.

. Your grand daughter and your son in law and DD are very luck. God has given them as chance to be a family.

True I agree with you. They are lucky to have my gd and gd is lucky to have them as her parents as they shower so much love on her

. You ahve adopted all of us as siters, brothers and children. Don't love love us equally???

Yes dear I am very happy to have all of you as daughters, sisters and brothers. Its a lovely bond of relationship.
    I always feel that you don't need to give birth to love someone. Don't we love our sisters, brothers and even husband. I have lived in so many people, some of the incidents were not great. But I am thankful God gave me a chance to live them and learn. I was upset with them for their treatment, now I am slowly forgetting the bad incidents and have started appreciating. Whay I am saying is that kids will be mad first, then they will continue to love their parents.

Glad to have your experience
    Regarding the movie, you need to see it. Sorry I can't tell you the ending. Beautiful one.

Hope I will get a chance to see the ending part.
    Have a great day. By the way, your grand daughters are lucky to have caring and loving grand parents.

Yes dear