Who Am I? - Part I

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by kavya, Aug 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. durga

durga New IL'ite

Introduction about me

dear friends,

When i got to know about 'Indusladies' , the first impression i had was that of women confluence and congregation. As i got to know my indus friends, my first impression became the last impression. so first let me thank the site designers for coming up with such a good concept and providing an opportunity to interact and share one's ideas and thoughts with all the members...

Let me introduce myself to you all...i'm Durga Sreepathi, an MCA, presently working as software tester for Danlaw Technologies at Hyderabad. As i'm the youngest in the family, i enjoy the luxury and privileges of being loved and cared by my parents and my brother who is in the U.S currently working for Satyam Computers. He got married three years back.

My father is retired and my mother is a great homemaker...she believes in indulging in some constructive work always without giving way to boredom...father always comes up with energtic ideas and both my parents
    have zeal and enthusiasm which i would like to imbibe.

i write poetry and am presently learning french (completed four levels) at Alliance Francaise, driven by the pure passion for the language.

As a hobby, i do painting and craft work and always looking out to learn more...

i learnt classical dance and my desire is to learn instrumental music(veena).

looking forward to sharing of more ideas with you guys,

love,
    durga

2. cooldude

cooldude New IL'ite

Myself

hello, to introduce myself...i am sai, work as a project manager with a software firm, currently working out of sydney australia. my wife said she's a member of this site, so i took a look and decided to join ! i have a daughter, she's 8 months old. as hobbies, i love reading. i do a bit of swimming and play tennis at times

otherwise, these days am missing my wife and kid, as they are in india.

experimenting with cooking, thats improving a bit these days !!

thats about it from my side !

3. gjanani

gjanani New IL'ite

Who am I?

Hi Everybody,

I just joined IndusLadies and after reading some of the threads, I am so confident I am going to enjoy myself here.

To introduce myself...

I am Janani Gopalakrishnan, a freelance writer based in Chennai, India. I was born in Calcutta (which explains my name) but all 23 years of my life have been spent here in Chennai where I schooled at PSBB, KK Nagar, then moved on to do my BCA from Stella Maris College, after which I completed PG degrees in Computer Applications, Business Administration and Journalism.

When, after completing my education, I decided to be a full-time freelance writer working from home, instead of going for a 9-5 job (which is becoming the norm of the day), I faced many a raised eyebrow. But my family was extremely supportive of my decision and today I am on my own... an independent, self-employed person, enjoying the variety, challenge and freedom that my work offers.

I write poetry, fiction and non-fiction on a variety of subjects ranging from science to philosophy, but my favourite subjects are business, technology and cooking. I enjoy this line of work because each assignment is different from the previous one, I get to interact with experts in several fields and it is a constant learning experience. And ofcourse I relish the advantages of working from home... I get to eat home food, work in a comfortable environment and do not have to miss any social functions!!

To tell you more about myself... I'm passionate about classical music. I also love to experiment with handicrafts, especially glass and pot painting. I am a very staunch vegetarian and love to cook, not only traditional dishes but also to experiment with new recipes in Indian and International cuisine.

I grew up and live in a joint family and love the environment. I enjoy the little pleasures in life... a visit to the temple, an hour spent listening to music, chatting with friends and relatives, a telephone call from my brother, sitting down to a home-cooked meal, a pizza brought home by my dad, a visit to the beach, a weekend trip... there's no end to life's little joys... I relish and value each of life's "kodak moments"!

I'm looking forward to interacting with each and every one of you and hope to enjoy my stay with IndusLadies.

Cheers,

Janani

4. Sharmili

Sharmili New IL'ite

Myself!

Hi All,

I have been a member of this site for a while now and I see this site getting better and better by the day. Great job Indusladies team!

Now, a bit about myself. I am from interior Orissa, but I currently live in Bangalore. Father worked for a local government department and hence my childhood days were typical of a middle class family - never too much to be lavish, never too little to starve.

I have a bachelors degree in English literature (never studied that with interest!) and a master's degree in public administration. I graduated when the internet boom came of age and I worked as the secretary to a senior manager in an IT company. Later, I got an opportunity to work for a call centre in Bangalore with better pay and I took it. I have been here for 18 months now and want to get out of it as soon as possible. Work is not just bad, it is plain awful!

Indusladies is my physchological shock absorber!. Whenever I hate this world - which I do after a call with an abnoxious customer - I log into Indusladies and go away with the impression that the world after all is not a bad place.

I am not married but will soon be. Work takes so much time that I hardly get time for other things. When I do find some spare time, I read crime novels and watch TV or go for a movie with friends. Off late, I also seem to appreciate Shelley more than I ever did during college. Walking up and down brigade road is also something that I like doing.

I like to enjoy life more than I currently do, but sometimes I am constrained by this funny thing called Money!

Sharmili

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Who am I?

Hello Friends, I joined this forum a month back &am enjoying the atmosphere here, very much.
    I am a senior citizen living in Chennai ever since I got married. I have attended various classes conducted all over the city & finally identified cookery as my main interest. I take more interest in traditional vegetarian cooking(of Tamilnadu &Kerala )& enjoy cooking with all modern gadgets which are a boon to the housewife today.
    I strongly believe in the energy which goes into cooking - one should be relaxed & the atmosphere pleasant. All these contribute to the food served to the family ,in being healthy& enjoyable.
    My hobby is listening to Indian Classical music in any language. I am an ardent student of vedanta for the past 10 years. That has helped me accept people as they are & not as I want them to be !
    "The best is yet to be " is always my motto in life -I hope you will all enjoy interacting with me in the sub-forum Ask Chitvish.

Love & Regards,
    Chitvish.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 19, 2005
  6. sri_july27

sri_july27 New IL'ite

hello everbody

hi every body ,
    my name is srikala..
    iam married
    well i jus love to have friends all over the world.
    iam 24 years old( july27 1981).
    this site is wonderful!
    :clap

1 person likes this.
  7. poojitha

poojitha New IL'ite

About me...

Hi Ladies,

I just joined today and find this site to be very interesting. I have come across few other websites that include chat rooms but not like this site including a wide variety of topics related to women! Appreciate the efforts of IndusLadies team for building a great online community.

Ok, now about me...

I am from Hyderabad, presently living in Canada since my marriage. I did my Masters in Chemistry, worked as a school teacher for three years in Hyderabad. Now a typical homemaker.

I spend my time browsing the net, listening to music, practicing the classical dance that I learnt in school/college days. I used to be a lazy person never interested in household work like cleaning, cooking, washing, etc. Never used to bother when my Mom kept telling that I need to change being a girl. But now to my surprise and my Mom's surprise I do everything myself :-( (I don't have a choice though!).

I always see cooking as the result of various chemical reactions - how else do I see it after 5yrs study about chemicals? However, I do the test analysis of my cooking on my husband. He still survives healthy after all the test and trials for the past 1 1/2 years :rotfl .

As most woman, I like shopping, enjoy tasting different cuisine, though my favorite is Thai (of course next to Indian food). I enjoy watching movies of family drama type (but no emotional / sentimental stuff!).

Hope to enjoy being part of this community :thumbsup

8. tina

tina New IL'ite

Iam Varshini

Iam very excited to join this online community. Of late, I had been thinking that I've got deprived of friends and hardly have anyone to chat freely. Found this site pretty interesting to relax and recharge myself.

Well. Iam a 32 year married woman blessed with a son (5yrs) and a daughter (1yr). Iam involved in IT field and living in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" /><st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">Singapore</st1:place></st1:country-region> for the past 10years! Not bad. Home is nearby and keep visiting home every year apart from my in-laws and parents visiting us once or twice a year.. Isn't that great!!

I was born and brought up at a beautiful place Thiruvanaikoil, Trichy, TamilNadu!

What a wonderful place it is! I just have those vivid memories lingering in my mind still. Completed my ComputerScience and engineering from <st1:City w:st="on">Madurai</st1:City> and migrated to <st1:country-region w:st="on"><st1:place w:st="on">singapore</st1:place></st1:country-region> when I got a good offer then. Faced the usual problem during match making, that a girl would face when she happens to be an NRI. Finally found the person whom god had written for me. I just thank god for all that he had blessed for me.

I just feel very happy and relaxed to be part of this cheerful group!
    I want to share some of my feelings , probably in other forums!!
    Great job Indus team!

1 person likes this.
  9. sudhavnarasimhan

sudhavnarasimhan Silver IL'ite

connecting from frankfurt!

Hello Indus ladies!
    I am living in Frankfurt Germany. I am in my early forties ,with a husband heading a software company operations in Europe. My daughter Roshini, who is 18years old, just graduated from school and is studying in a university which is closeby. She visits me over the weekend.
    I studied in Bangalore, MES COLLEGE and Mount Carmel college. Been living here from past 6 years. I like it here since i am a BHARATANATYAM DANCER AND TEACHER, and have some students also. Lucky me , since i have a daughter and she also happens to dance beautifully i am able to pursue in this field to a great success. We do have a lot of shows and i have a lot of indian friends so it was not a problem to reside in a strange country.
    But after my daughter moved out i seem to have a lot of time, so am busily meeting all of you INTERESTING LADIES online. It feels good to stay connected.
    Thanks to the INDUS LADIES TEAM! Keep the good work going on.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2005
  10. uma

uma Senior IL'ite

A Housewife and a Mom Combo!

Hi All,

I joined this forum long time ago - probably one of the first few members. I have been contributing now and then and you will soon know why.

I live in Memphis, Tennessee. I am married for 9 years now and I have two daughters - 6 and 8 years old. Activities related to my two daughters keep me on my toes. On top of that, I have never ending household duties and I hardly have time to breath. Sometimes, I feel like giving up and taking it easy, but the thought of my kids falling behind their peers is just unpalatable. I shamelessly run the mother's rat race!

I "used" to have two main hobbies - cooking and watching movies. I am quite a good cook and I enjoy cooking to the demanding standards of my brothers! I hardly have time to watch movies, but would savor a movie whenever I could find some time.

I greatly enjoy being part of this community! What a wonder to be so far, yet be so close...

Uma

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.