1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Crab lice on my infant's eyelashes - how to convey to IL's?!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by thekumars9308, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Can your spouse take FIL for a 'routine physical' to the doc, and discreetly tell the doc about this particular problem to get some medical help?! Your spouse could speak with the doc for a moment in private about this, and then no one beside the doc and FIL need to know what happened, what was prescribed and why and so on.

If FIL has a problem, I'm sure he needs some treatment too, regardless of whether he accepts its a problem or not. Also, you can keep cleaning the house and being super-hygienic, but until the root cause of it all gets treated, your problem won't go away.

Its seriously something NO ONE should have to live/deal with!!

2. thekumars9308

thekumars9308 New IL'ite

Dhaanika,

Taking them to a physical check all of a sudden would sound very odd. DH even said in a very nice way to keep themselves clean and that he found a lice on the toilet seat. He cannot say this explicitly. The only response is simple denial and just negligence of what we are saying. I really don't know what to do.

3. Anamika99

Anamika99 Gold IL'ite

Hi,

At first i was at lost what to suggest, after reading some suggestions, i would i like the doc.'s idea. And to solidify....instead of you telling them that Doc said so...what i'd say is (and i have done it in past)

Talk to doc about the issue (preferably when hubby is not there) explain the whole situation, give little culture background on PIL and DIL and DH not able to talk about to his parents etc. (Doc. will keep this confidential...if in US) make sure to keep it confidential and not to put on the account. And next visit ask doc to tell to bring PILs and let doc explain it self and ask all those stuff for their treatment etc

4. flowerlady

flowerlady IL Hall of Fame

I really cannot understand how you and hubby are hedging around the problem !
    Sit with the baby and MIL , act surprised to see a louse , then declare that all have to be treated . Its not that hard if the baby does have the bugs.
    Are you scared that PILs will leave and you will to put LO in daycare ? Crab lice is an indication of other dirty habits, hope you are getting the point.
    Remember lice are very agile and soon maybe you and H will also become carriers and have lice too.
    Just doing laundry separately is not going to help as the poor baby is acting as a carrier between PILs and you .
    The crab lice suck the blood of the host to survive , poor baby.

Babys health should be your prime concern , if you want to ignore the lice problem then be prepared for more similar issues.

1 person likes this.
  5. thekumars9308

thekumars9308 New IL'ite

Flowerlady,

I have done this several times in the past and I'm still doing this whenever I see lice on my baby's head. But I haven't declared treatment for crab lice for the whole family yet. I'm not worried that they will leave and I'm more than happy to take care of my baby all by myself. Infact my whole problem will be solved. I have taken care of my baby all alone when she was only 4 months, not a big deal for me. The reason why I cannot just jump into a conclusion and declare treatment is I haven't seen a crab on my baby for over a month now. Please read my original post. I only wanted to know if I have to worry about this after finding a couple of crabs and how to communicate this in a manner that wont offend them.

6. arty2010

arty2010 Bronze IL'ite

Personal htgiene cannot be taught at this age. You might want to replace their soaps and shampoos with some strong antibacterial stuff(pls google) so that these things are cleaned. It might be easier to do this rather than taking them to doc or lecturing on hygiene. Also, check with your baby doc if there is something to prevent baby from getting it.. but be careful since these things are rare in US your paed should get worried about the hygiene you aer maintaing at home.