1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Diaper Rash not clearing - I need help

Discussion in 'Infants' started by pray2god, Sep 16, 2010.

1. kirukiri

kirukiri Bronze IL'ite

I second coconut oil.

Use it instead of wipes (little oil on cotton) or massage after cleaning with water. No rashes and very soft skin.

You can also try boroline.

2. pray2god

pray2god Senior IL'ite

Thanks guys for responding. After 6 months fo persistant diaper rash, I am happy to say it has cleared after we started solids in her diet.. (due to the no of poops reducing to 2/day instead of 8-9/day).

We are using cocunit oil now and it appears to work..

3. nancymassey04

nancymassey04 New IL'ite

Hi there,

My son had this severe diaper rash earlier when he was hospitalized for 25 days as he suffered from the problem of trachea.
    It got so severe that he had blisters all round his genetils, but thanks to "flucos" this fluconazole powder from cosme helped him and he got all better in just three days. Trust me this powder works wonder on skin. Use this powder daily or whenever the rash occurs. It is worth a try.
    And yes please DO NOT USE WIPES. Always use running water to clean baby's poops. Avoid diapers. Use them only in nights.
    I know this powder will definitely help you.
    Take care.

4. marina20

marina20 Bronze IL'ite

i feel baby vaseline is better than any diaper rash creams...

5. mybaby1

mybaby1 Gold IL'ite

hi,
    when my baby had diaper rash the cream i used was RASHFREE and found quite effective. use to apply thrice a day. and along with it on every diaper change i use to apply coconut oil mixed with aloevira gel.it really works and that reddness has all gone with its use.nowthat thereare no rashes i stii use coconut oil mix with aloe gel on the areas on every diaper change after pat drying his bums.

best of luck n sweet hug to your baby tk cr...:)

6. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

Everytime i put diaper on, i apply mothercare diaper rash cream and then put on her diapers... And also i put only in nights and douring the day she is on cloth diapers..

7. simran081278

simran081278 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I usually use "SUDOCREM" for my son who is 6 months. This sudocrem does wonders--clears rash next day.

8. sathyapriyal

sathyapriyal New IL'ite

Dear All,

My daughter is 4 months and 3 week old. For the past few days she had loose stools. Yesterday she pooped 9 times watery, the colour of the poop changed from mustard yellow to green and then yellow. She pooped less quantity though. We went to the Paed, he said it is normal and asked to go home as she was not crying and that she was not dehydrated.
    Today again she had pooped 7 times already, again in small amounts, bit liquidy. I am seeing to that she is not getting dehydrated by frequently feeding her ( she is completely breast fed and have not started her on solids).

She has developed diaper rash from yesterday. I have tried leaving her butt naked and cleaning after her poop with luke warm water and cotton towel dabb. I am also applying Johnson's nappy rash cream. The area is getting more red.
    Can anyone suggest how to cure this Diaper Rash and to get her in to her normal poop schedule please. I am a lot worried to see my daughter go through this stress. Please help.

Sathya

Last edited: Jul 14, 2011
  9. sowmyapbhat

sowmyapbhat Senior IL'ite

This is a common problem with babies that poop frequently. I suggest you leave her with her butt uncovered, and stop cleaning her everytime she goes. The more you clean with cloth/wipes, the more irritated the skin gets.

Put her on an old bedspread, and leave her to poop. Fold the area once she poops, so that she is not sitting on the poop itself. Once she is done pooping, apply a layer of vaseline on the red area.

If you want to wash her, do so only twice a day - when she takes a bath, and before you put her to sleep for the night. Both times, don't use a cloth or wipes. Just rinse her under a tap.

It will take time to heal, because the area is getting constantly wet. If the redness worsens, check with your dermatologist. He would suggest an appropriate steroid cream for the same.