Need tips for Paris trip

Discussion in 'Travel' started by Geeta16, Jul 14, 2011.

1. Geeta16

Geeta16 Bronze IL'ite

Hi indusladies,

Planning to go Paris (for a week) next month -Aug. Tips regarding the weather,food,shopping,travel time from there to London or anything is really appreciated.TIA.

2. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Geeta, this is the best time I would say, you can get very good food as you know they are best for their cuisines but avoid the tourist places. If you travel by Eurostar it just takes two and half hour from Paris to London and you don't have to spend too much time like we usually do when travelling by airline it is very convenient.

Shopping I cudn't do much :( as we spent most time in disney land but I am sure ILites staying in France can advice better :)

3. Geeta16

Geeta16 Bronze IL'ite

[​IMG] Pumpkin01. Those are valuable informations. I heard their crepe is really good...like our dosa.other than that I have no idea about their food.

Disney land -is it similar like the one in Florida?

4. athreys

athreys Bronze IL'ite

Paris is shopping heaven- galeries lafayette is wonderful.You also have a lot of flea markets like Saint ouen etc and they are an experience .
    Food- there are some very unique things like macaroons,crepes,a cheese course menu...expect to eat wonderful food.
    Have a lovely trip in Paris

5. Geeta16

Geeta16 Bronze IL'ite

Thanks Athreys...I will certainly try yout tips.

6. SLV

SLV Gold IL'ite

Not sure if you are already through with your trip...but am still sharing my experience.
    Have been to Paris twice. No doubt its a beautiful city, be prepared to see huge crowds everywhere, especially in August because its their peak travel season. Stay very careful with your belongings...i mean it.

About food- am a vegetarian, so i preferred to take a place with kitchenette and cook for myself. besides it save s you time of looking for a restaurant and then eating something that may not leave you contended. however if you are a kind who enjoys trying new cuisines then go ahead....have fun! If not, there are anyways Pizza Huts, Burger Kings and Subways....so no problem.

If you are tight on time, do take their Hop-on-hop-off City bus tours, it is slightly expensive (25Euros per person) but i see it worth because. If you plan to go sight seeing on your own...you did be going to places through metros and these metros run underground leaving you seeing only tunnels and very less of the city. These Hop-on-hop-off tour tickets are valid for 2days and a great experience.

Keep more than half a day to see the Eiffel tower if you plan to go up the tower. The tower hosts large serpentine queues and can take up-to 2hours to just reach to the counter to buy tickets and if its one of those days when the weather is good, you will have loads of people at the top of the tower too. So keep half a day a side.

Disney Land is very similar to what is in Hong Kong or Florida....so its not a must if you have already seen one. besides one day isn't enough for these parks anyways. However if you wish to go, let me tell you that it is indeed a great and fun place to be. You can also check out staying there for a night (if it fits your budget) and then get two days to see the park....that would be some justice done too!

Weather hasn't been quite predictable in these parts of Europe this year, so be prepared for some low days too. We are still getting rains every other day.

Louvre Museum (which hosts the world famous Mona Lisa painting)- need a lot of time and planning. To make a conscious decision to see it or not. The museum is huge, beyond what one can imagine and it can take days to see it. The ticket queues would run from far and wide. So make sure to do some online bookings if you are serious about seeing it. though the online may cost you 5Eurs or more, trust me it'll be worth it when you go there and see the queue for yourself this Museum would again take anywhere from a full day to more than half a day depending on your interest in art. So plan accordingly.

I wouldn't mind sharing a lot more tips from my experience, but i'll stop here. let me know if you wish to know more, i would love to reply anytime.
    Have fun!!

1 person likes this.