1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I'm 19. He is 52. Feeling confused :(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by yashika92, Jul 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Preet82

Preet82 Silver IL'ite

My dear,i feel really sorry for you!Are your parents heartless?I would never do that to my daughter.You are only 19(still a kid if you ask me) and he is 52.When you are 29(a young woman) he will be 62( a senior citizen).
    This is never going to work.A decent gentleman who never ask for a girl young enough to be his daughter to be his wife.Its not healthy.
    Please be strong.As other posters have suggested get financialy independent and clear the debts.
    All the best to you!!

2. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

Another set of heartless parents again.
    You should have been firm with your words and strictly told your parents that you don't want to marry him.

Sorry but please don't agree for this marriage even if your parents fall on your feet or threat suicide or emotinally blackmail you or do anything stupid. Do don't give in for any cause.

If at all the old man was a nice and decent man, he wouldn't have agreed to marry you in the first place and now blames that he was forced by the relatives. Bull****!!!! He will be extremely nice to you now as he needs to win your heart to marry him.

Tell him you don't want to marry him. Trust me you are not in love with him.
    If your parents still force or threaten you to marry him, seek help from the police or any relevant authorities saying you are being forced to marry someone who is much more older than you. Even if he was not old still no one has any right to force you to get married to someone you don't want to.

You are not obliged to repay his money. You never asked for it but your parents did. Let them deal with it. Or if you wish to you can help them to pay back the money once you complete your studies and start to work.

Please think wisely and act smart. Don't get fooled by all their dramas or else you will suffer for the rest of your life.

3. Aabha

Aabha Silver IL'ite

This appears a film story to me. I doubt if it is true.
    But, if its a genuine case, then your parents are to blamed. I really don't understand the role of your mother. Mothers are so protective regarding their daughter and always dream of finding a best husband for her daughter.
    Anyhow, may be it is because of the debts and money problems, they have decided to stoop too low.

Weel, I can only suggest this marriage can be a disaster. Don't fall in his trap. He is 52 and he can do anything to marry a 19 year old girl. Since he is Indian American, 12 lacs is not a big deal for him.
    Sooo much of age difference. You are of his son's age.
    Do get pressurized due to money. you can pay it after your job.
    You are presently infatuated towards him, nothing else. You have urself pointed out valid reasons for not marrying him. Consider them again. You are still so young. Study and work.

4. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Are you getting married, or being sold off to him ? Age difference can be there but looks like this man that your parents want you to be married to is older than your dad himself?
    If he paid your dad's debts then study, work and pay it off , dont pawn your life!

5. lakshmisree11

lakshmisree11 New IL'ite

6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Yashika,
    You have got lots of reply yet you have not bothered to reply....I wonder are you a script writer for some movie wanting to give touchy climax by gathering opinions of contemporary ladies???????????

7. sasisnet

sasisnet New IL'ite

Dont go for it, you will get a better life than this, he is not the only man who is kind hearted.

8. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Where is the OP. No reply from her .....

9. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Even if this post was fake, who knows... maybe there is some other girl out there who is REALLY going through a similar situation and she will google age difference and see the replies here to this post. So even if this poster was fake, the advice given might help someone else. It's a strange world. I highly doubt she is the only young girl in the world being married off to an old uncle.

Just a thought.... how come we are so repulsed by this girl's "relationship" but we still find it acceptable in Hindi films when SRK is paried up with a girl 22 years his junior? Or what about the real life relationship between Katrina Kaif and Salman Khan... almost 20 years age difference? I never really gave it much thought till now, but aren't those pairings a little weird too?

10. Tanujam30

Tanujam30 Silver IL'ite

Hmm...Well, where SRK is being paired with young girls is a world of make believe, plus we are also expected to believe that SRK is a 25yr in the movie. In real life, he is married (happily by his own account) to a woman his age, by his and her choice. As for Kat/Salman pairing, while it is probably a little difficult for an avg person to digest, Kat is an independent, grown woman, not being pushed by anyone in this relationship. So if she & Salman both feel they are ok, there is hardly anything for anyone to say about it.

As for this post, I personally feel this is also in the make believe world. If not, she has got great advice already !

ASG, Hope your Interview went well & you are feeling better..Take care.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.