1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Activity for my toddler

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by Geetha, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Geetha

Geetha New IL'ite

Hi,
    we live in the Nj area and want to know some kind of activity that I can take my 14 month old daughter too..Ideally I am looking for rhymes and story telling and the like...any suggestions ? Local library has only activities for 2 year old and above...

2. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Hi.

Hi Geetha,

It depends on yr area; like, in our township, they have activities right from the birth at the library. Maybe you can call them up and ask whether they will allow other township people too.

Long time back, would take my son to Barnes & Noble for story telling, coloring etc. 2 times in a week. It was 4 yrs back and now, not sure..Again, call and check them out..

Not sure abt YMCA..but, give a try there too.

Good luck..

Rgds.

1 person likes this.
  3. diva

diva New IL'ite

Play group

Geetha,

I don't know what your schedule is like, but a play group would work well for your baby. You can Google your local area groups and see if there are any Mom's groups for children in the age group you are looking for. If not, you can start one - maybe you can put out pamphlets in the Inidan stores/at work, and other places where your target audience would frequent.

Diva.

4. Geetha

Geetha New IL'ite

hi ami,
    which township do u belong too ? diva ideally I would love a playgroup tooo...but not sure how to start one ! I justmoved to this place ...so don't know a lot of them...

5. Ami

Ami Silver IL'ite

Hello Geetha,

I am from south brunswick.

6. diva

diva New IL'ite

Starting a playgroup

Geetha,

You can google your area and see if playgroups already exist. If not, try putting up flyers at the Indian stores saying you would like to start a playgroup and give out an email address (Not phone number!). Once you get some responses, meet with the Moms and come up with activities/plans. I love Gymboree - they have great activities for all ages. Do you have one in your area?

7. anu9

anu9 New IL'ite

hi geetha,

i am anu and live in west covina. i have 13 month old daughter. even i had the same query. when i explored i got the following info.

YMCA Conducts swimming classes for one year old babies.

there is a mommy and me class which conducts activities for children of all age groups. u can visit the website Mommy and Me

there is play group named gymboree . u can also enroll in that. the web address is
    Gymboree Play & Music | Welcome

u can also take ur kid to the local library where in they conduct story time classes once in a week which is absolutely free and they even teach our children to the concept of drawing and coloring.

hope this information is useful.

Regards,
    Anu

8. SupriyaDinesh

SupriyaDinesh Silver IL'ite

Hi Geetha,
    Did u find any activity group for u r toddler?Im in u r situation now.
    Bye,
    supriya

9. deenamathew

deenamathew New IL'ite

I use to make my kids to color the images and collect the match sticks and arranging the images in order. I use to collect the coloring pages from online, recently i have downloaded alphabet coloring pages so that i can make him to learn something before he start going to school. Here is the link from were i have downloaded the pages.

Top 25 Free Printable Alphabet Coloring Pages Online