Software Testing Career

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by manjumnair, Oct 3, 2007.

1. Tigertimes

Tigertimes New IL'ite

Hi dpzz, i have heard its very difficult in gulf countries to get a software test engineer job.Certification will definitly help. I think ISTQB will be better. It costs less but has higher value..You can refer the ISTQB site(just google it) for the details in your country.

2. JhansiMadhu

JhansiMadhu New IL'ite

Hi Ladies...

I have 3 years of exp in Manual Testing in India and then i got married, travelled to US...so agn im planning to start my career here...but i didnt work for these 10 months.

I want some advices plsee -
    1. what is process & hw the interviews based on??
    2. did i need to go for any consultancies??
    3. Did that 10 months gap creates any issues??

plsse help me out on this....

3. samhi

samhi New IL'ite

Hi KGP,

Does TW jobs available in US.Do we need to undergo any training?How do i enter this field?

4. Nithya001

Nithya001 Bronze IL'ite

Is it true that to begin a career in software testing you do not need a BE or BTech degree? I am moving to India after long time and looking for training institutes. many people in US are suggesting me to do testing course in Bangalore, but I have no knowledge about it and no IT or programming knowledge. Some of my friends who have worked in India say that i do not need to worry about that. In a testing course they train you into the technology you will most use. how true is that?
    When I searched the net for info, I read very mixed opinions. Some people say that it is not a field for everyone, whereas some say that you do not need to have any professional degree for it. Some even say that even regular arts and science graduates can do it. Whereas some say that programming knowledge is important. What is it actually? Can anyone explain please.
    Can you please suggest a good training institute in Bangalore which can help in getting job too?
    I want to get into testing because I do enjoy software technologies in general and am a very computer bound person and I like problem-solving and analyzing. But I am non-IT. What do you suggest should I put time and money in getting trained for it or just look for other Non-IT jobs. Like many who posted here I am also worried that I will be too old by the time I get trained. Please give some inputs.

5. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Do you need to have experience as well as to be a B.E or B.Tech to get into software testing.
    Also do u need to have any prior qualification for technical writer.

6. soumyapr

soumyapr Senior IL'ite

Hi April for technical writing all you need is good communication skills, fluency in English language and an ability to understand technology. A short course in technical writing can help you in getting started. This is what I found based on my research about technical writing.

7. april1981

april1981 Gold IL'ite

Do you have to be an engineer to get into software testing

8. vava76

vava76 New IL'ite

Hi ladies,
    hope you are all having a good summer!! Just wondering, Do you know anyone who give software testing classes online? I really would like to take some class and then prepare for the exam. I would really appreciate your reply.
    Thanks,

9. neetu

neetu Junior IL'ite

vava76

I am also looking for training in testing. I have been searching and found some positive reviews about vivek joglekar who is based in Mumbai. You can probably find him on Facebook or even by Google.

There is another person called Kartik about whom I came to know through a friend in a social networking site.

A lot of trainers come up in a Google search. I am also looking for a personal review from a non-biased source. I too want to write ISTQB cert.

Please share if you find someone. If you are self-studying we can also form a group to learn.

1 person likes this.
  10. raghavsmom

raghavsmom New IL'ite

Hi,

My friend is a ISTQB certified and is giving training online. If you are interested, please send me a private note.

Thanks
    Rekha