Domestic Violence

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by seashell, Dec 3, 2007.

1. seashell

seashell New IL'ite

Dear ladies,

Yesterday I had to help a friend(not very close) with 2 daughters to leave the country as she was unable to withstand any more beatings from her husband. She has been married for 5 years & I never knew anything about it before.
    It was such a scary & tense evening.
    Has anyone faced anything like this before??
    There was so much to think about & plan in that short period that we felt so exhausted after the whole episode.
    We have the Indian Embassy & the ICBF doing everything possible for the labourers which is a good thing, but we dont seem to have anything in place either formally or informally to help ladies in these violent situations.
    I would appreciate any input that is available.

Thanks & Regards,

Seashell.

2. C.A.W

C.A.W New IL'ite

Hi SeaShell,

Im sorry to hear this... and I guess thank you for helping a person who was in need.

Firstly domestic Violence can be number things, beatings, mental and physical torture. Usually, mental abuse is I say worse then the physical abuse because it takes years for someone to get over things. Never the less it should be totally condemned. And usually women take it for number of years until they can not and they shouldn't take it.

Where has your friend left too? Can you tell me if she is from India? and her husband? there is a lot of help in India as the law's have taken a strict stand against this.

Let me know and I maybe able to help.

Thanks
    CAW

3. ishutanu

ishutanu Senior IL'ite

hi

how r u? i feel soo sad abt this & even mera khooon khoalta hai agar koi apni biwi ko maarta hai to. anyways just tell me the mans name i will tell my mans close freind to put him in jail for a day then his all that habbit will fly away

plz reply soon
    i also prefer to help her
    thank you bye
    take care