Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear C,

Back to cooking now. Made Lapsi Uppuma and Red hot chutney for breakfast. Lunch is Mooli Paratha, Cucumber Raitha and Keerai Masiyal. Made Vegetable Kuruma for Dinner, need to make Phulkas when I get back homw this evening. M welcomed me with CVVK and Potato fry on sunday evening. I gave him 80%, tasted heavenly for one main reason that I need not cook after a tiring trip :hide:

Saras, Canten biscuits looks so nice. You are tempting me to attempt it :cheers

2. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra Ma'm,
    Made Eggless Fruit & nut muffins yesterday night. It turned out very tasty & surprisingly has very little butter! The kids have taken it to school today.
    Sunday lunch was Vangi Bhaath , Potato roast & White pumpkin raita.We just loved the raita & the kids loved the potato roast.Thank you.
    Love,
    Damini.

Attached Files:

1 person likes this.
  3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

4. Chitvish

Nice photo, Damini & lovely Fb!! This is an easy & tasty muffin :tongue
    Vangi bhath with raitha?? My mouth is watering :drool

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

chithmam,

for the past two days, too busy and the power cut schedule could not grind for idli or dosa. had guests yesterday night and i was :bonk thinking what to do..so made vegetable,onion rava dosa. i keep stock of the instant rava dosa flour milled using your proportions.. i minced, cabbage, carrots, capsicum. onions..followed the tips..and i got such wonderful crisp dosas. the guess enjoyed, but special mention is that fil not only enjoyed, but said it was very nice.

today, again after seeing your momos, wanted to try. usually i make them with the kozhukkatai maavu..today i could not resist, actually not to be blamed, but your avataar picture was too luring.. did not have maida..i had just 2 tblps emergency..so just added that with wheat flour..and followed the same..i must say the inner filling was too yummy.. and just got :thumbsup:thumbsup from fil. S enjoyed it.. C is out with her classmate..i am sure she will love it.. attaching the picture of whole wheat momos.

PS. just made 4 sweet momos for that sweet craving of fil with tootie frooti, coconut, sugar..he loved it..
    Picture 1213.jpg Picture 1214.jpg

2 people like this.
  6. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Saras.. thanks a lot for the links...

I love bombay chutney... I used to soak thoordhal for few minutes and grind in mixie... It didnt occur to me that I can use Besan and bypass mixie... :p.... thanks a lot..

Thats really extensive list of chutneys... I will go through and carefully pick the ones that my thambi can cook... He never even washed a plate.. now he is cooking... !!!

ilt

7. swethakrishnan

swethakrishnan Senior IL'ite

Chithra Aunty!!! How are you??? OMG! I'm sooo excited writing to you!

I'm sure Amma must have told you about the dinner we had a few days ago ... I had invited my colleagues for dinner and they had requested for an idli-sambar special! So Amma (as usual!) looked into your forum and made some amazing stuff!!! We had :
    • Idli
    • Sambar, Green chutney, white chutney
    • Masal vadai
    • Pepper mini-idlis
    • Gunpowder (molagai podi) mini idlis
    • Masala dosai
    • Pineapple rasmalai
    • Pink pal payasam
    The star dish of the day was the Pineapple rasmalai! It was mind-blowing!!! We had one serving, and the next and the next and we just kept eating!!! And the fact that I did the garnish (decoration actually!) made me smile when my colleagues enjoyed the dish!!! I wanted to take credit for the dish tasting good, but they refused to give it to me!!! They are in love with Amma's cooking now! They have promised to keep visiting us!

All in all, we had a great time and an amazing dinner! Amma is now the "best cook" for colleagues!!! Kudos to her and your recipes!!! Her efforts materialised because of your easy-to-follow step-by-step instructions ... and the innovations that you make are just awesome! Super super super amazing!!!

Thanks a lot Chithra Aunty! Regards to Uncle and all at home.

Attached Files:

4 people like this.
  8. Chitra Anand

Chitra Anand Bronze IL'ite

Dear NS,
    I made Coriander Leaf Sambhar today.Even though,we don't get good coriander leaf here,still my sambhar came out very tasty.Wish the coriander leaves had good smell like we get in India.
    Thanks for the wonderful and tasty dishes you keep posting.

9. Chitvish

Dear Shan,
    honestly I least expected a FB for momos on the very day of posting!! This recipe was given by an ILite last year. But unless I ate momos in a Chinese rest:, I did'nt want to try & post it. Thanu took me out to China Town last week. Then "my momos were born"!!:biggrin2:
    Ruby is asking me, what is wrong with making this easy way for kozhakkattais with sweet puranam inside:rotfl, or Varalaxmi nombu!!
    The momos look perfect, with the typical shine!!:thumbsup

10. Chitvish

Sweth, dear Sweth,
    Absolutely lovely spread & a typical menu of the South!!
    I cannot help thinking how you were asking me tips on laying the table when you came home!!:idea
    But you have done it sooooooooooo well:thumbsup
    Or is it amma???:hide:
    So this rasmalai seems to be a stealer - your first FB proves it!!:)