1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Outsourced

Discussion in 'Movies' started by tadasari, Nov 28, 2007.

1. tadasari

tadasari New IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]I saw a great movie mostly filmed in mumbai/seattle called Outsourced. Its about an american call center manager whose job is being outsourced to [/FONT]<st1:country-region><st1:place>[FONT=&quot]India[/FONT]</st1:place></st1:country-region>[FONT=&quot] and he has to go to [/FONT]<st1:country-region><st1:place>[FONT=&quot]India[/FONT]</st1:place></st1:country-region>[FONT=&quot] to train his replacement. The movie is a romance and a comedy, but also deep and thought-provoking. [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Its a great movie in that it depicts the whole outsourcing/globalization issue with a funny, down to earth, real way instead of berating either western or indian cultures. Has anyone else seen Outsourced? What did you think?
    [/FONT]

Similar Threads
    1. sundarusha
      Replies:
      Views:
  2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

I just checked the trailer from the link you gave - it looks very interesting. Not sure if it is playing in the theatres here in Kanas City - but I am sure I can find the DVD. Thanks for the information!

3. tadasari

tadasari New IL'ite

You're welcome! They are selling the DVD on the website as well as the soundtrack. I think you can also rent it now. Yeah - it's a runaway independent film (kinda like My Big Fat Greek Wedding) so it didn't get to play for very long in any of the theaters where it screened, but it has a good following now on DVD. I'm thinking it'll make a good holiday present. I really enjoyed that the romantic female character in Outsourced was strong, outspoken, and they didn't show her naked or put her in revealing clothing - they presented her as attractive because she was smart, and that's such a refreshing change. I also liked that she was Indian and he was American, because that's the same as my parents!

4. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Tadasri,

The film sounds good. I too will look out for its DVD. Thanks for the info.

L, Kamla

5. madhu11

madhu11 Bronze IL'ite

Hi Tadasari,

Thanks for the information. The movies sounds very interesting. I will also get the DVD.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2007
  6. tadasari

tadasari New IL'ite

Let me know what you think! I'm dying to talk about the role of Kali in Outsourced with someone that has a better understanding than I do.

7. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

I checked in Blockbuster - they dont have it yet - so, I guess I might have to buy it rathr than rent it. Let me see..

8. tadasari

tadasari New IL'ite

Here's a direct link to where I bought my copy: Custom Store Interesting that it isn't at Blockbuster, I think that netflix has it.