1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

dry and damaged hair

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by chocoqueen, Sep 22, 2007.

1. chocoqueen

chocoqueen New IL'ite

hai frds,
    i was wondering which hair oil is best for dry n damaged hair.there are many product in the market,could anyone help me to choose best hair oil that suitable for dry and damaged hair.which hair oil do u think is best to have thick and shiny hair?

2. Navpreet

Navpreet Senior IL'ite

Products available in market don't give results as they promise,so leave them.Mustard oil is best for hair.Ur dry and damaged hair will be smooth.Use mustard oil three times in week and i bet u will see the difference as i had noticed with my hair.Secondly,hair are directly show ur health.eat healthy food(salad,vegetable,fruits).Split ends are basically due to bad eating habits.So use Mustard oil and give me Feedback.I am sure u will see change but REMEMBER three days a week.You can wash them after 2-3 hours of application(use as much u want to use b'oz shampoo will remove extra oil).Best of luck!

3. chocoqueen

chocoqueen New IL'ite

thank u so much navpreet didi,i would make sure i use mustard oil now onwards.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi chocoqueen,

I use a mixture of castor,olive and almond oil for my daughter....she has long and thick hair....just make a mixture, warmit and rub it in your scalp...leave it for 1-3 hours depending...then wash it as usual.....

for regular use...have made a herbal oil with coconut oil as base...

5. chocoqueen

chocoqueen New IL'ite

dear sarahtaona
    thanks a lot....its nice information..

6. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Help-Frizzy Hair

Hi,
    I also have dry hair I would not say damaged but they are Frizzy.I got a shampoo and conditioner of Dove...Seems better than other products that I have tried.But on the 3rd day its back to normal.Does anyone have home remedies for frizzy hair?

Bipasha

7. rationale

rationale New IL'ite

Dry hair basically needs more moisture. At home remedies for this would be:-
    Hot oil treatments followed by mild shampoo once a week. (Use olive oil for best results for dry/overprocessed hair) Heat oil, apply to sections of hair and scalp and wrap hair in a hot towel for 15 minutes. Leave on for a few hours and wash it out with a mild shampoo like Johnson and Johnson. Dove shampoos are also pretty mild

You can also use a hair mask once a week- at home version would be egg yoks or mayyonaise. Dove makes good hair masks as well to restore moisture to dry hair.

Bipasha- hair frizzes up for almost the same reasons- dryness or static. I dont know your location but try using a little biosilk, or john freida's no frizz serum on your hair after washing it. It really helps with the frizz. Basically these products contain silicone which forms a layer around the hair shaft and prevents it from frizzing due to heat/humidity. It also protects against any styling you do. (hair dryers, straighteners etc)

8. bipasha

bipasha Senior IL'ite

Hey,
    Thanks a lot for your suggestion.Will try the products...I usuallya pply little coconut oil after shampooing to reduce the frizziness...It works for atleast 1-2 days..Thanks again

Bipasha

9. Shakta Kaur

Shakta Kaur New IL'ite

Hi,

Massage your hair with pure 100% Vit E oil. And also give your hair coconut milk pack every week. Wash off with Garnier shampoo. Garnier is the best for softening dry, damaged, unmanageable hair. Try it!

Shakta KAur

10. kaur83

kaur83 New IL'ite

I had the same problem. I started using Redken smooth down shampoo and redken heat glide afterwards (just a dab). My hairs are way less frizzy now. It makes ur hair v.soft and it's a permanent change. It's little expensive but worth spending the money. You might not see a difference right away but I bet if you continue using it, it will make your hair soft and smooth forever.
    Cheers!!!