1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Bamboo curtains for home,Suggestions please.

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by amihere, Jul 5, 2011.

1. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi,
    I am planning to go for bamboo curtains in my home. Both for interior(windows) and for exterior(Balcony). Can you please share your experience on maintaining these? Also what are the things I should look for while buying. Thinking to get printed curtains for living room. Please pour in your suggestions.

1 person likes this.

2. varmaswathy

varmaswathy Gold IL'ite

Dear AMI,

It is a good idea to use bamboo curtains. Definitely it will improve the look of rooms. but, i have head that whenever you select a bamboo furniture, you should go for a well treated one. it should be kept away from moist. you can go through the link,Bamboo Furniture Care for details.

3. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Aswathy,
    thanks for the feedback. Yeah, blinds getting moist is my one concern. But if we care it well i think this wont be much of a problem. Thanks for the link.Will note down the tips:)

4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Amihere,
    Pls share where you are buying bamboo curtains also price pls.....

5. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Hi amihere..thanks for starting the thread...i just thought to start a thread on Bamboo curtains for balcony....im looking for the tips from others...also please share the types and whare i can get them in chennai...:thumbsup

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Ami, they are called bamboo blinds, and these days most of the curtain people are doing it. one of my neighbours had a bamboo blind installed by the person who did all the other windows and doors.

cindrella, in chennai you can check out rekhadecor, they have a good collection, also curtainchennai, and ashwinidecors.. there are locally reputed people in certain areas too.

7. annaima

annaima New IL'ite

Hi dear ,

Of it is really a good option to go for the bamboo curtains as it will improve the living style better !!
    First just try it for one room or so .. then dependig on the experience , you can decide it :)

8. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks Shanvy :thankyou2: i will check them out...:)

9. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi guys,
    Happy to see so many feedbacks:)
    Dear VJBunny(sorry I dont know your name) : I have zeroed on a number of places after an extensive hunt on google. First I have to check out which place offers best interms of quality and price. But this will take a few months as our flat wont be ready by feb'12. But you can trust me to come back and give the feedback on the shop from which am buying this.

Dear Shanthi, I also heard its pretty easy for us to hang. Anyways I thought of getting feedback on maintenance first before going for it.

Dear Cinderalla, Happy that I have read youe thoughts;) Let me know how much it costs for you in Chennai, atleast I can have a rough estimate in my mind.

10. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Hi Annaima,
    Thanks for the feedback, yeah that is a good advice.Let me think it over.
    I was also planning for bamboo furniture for my living room.So that it will be a bamboo theme in living area, but I dont want end it looking like a small jungle with bamboo:hide: any advice on this, guys?