System crashed and lost data..Pls help!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by SumaRaj, Jul 7, 2011.

1. SumaRaj

SumaRaj New IL'ite

Hi friends,

Recently my system crashed because of which I lost some precious data.. somehow I had not taken a backup, which is the biggest blunder I have done. I was using Ubuntu 9.04 version and would like to know if I can retrieve the data by any means.. If anyone has done it ever before, please let me know.

With all hopes,
    Suma

2. Mahanu

Mahanu Silver IL'ite

If your hard drive crashed, then you can try to retrieve the data through professional HW service centres who have special softwares to retrieve data from crashed disk.

Some free softwares are also available, which may or may not be useful to you. Also you may need additional hardware to use them. Better to go to a service centre, if you dont mind spending some money and if that data to be retrieved is critical.

3. SumaRaj

SumaRaj New IL'ite

Thanks Mahanu for the quick reply.. I am now in Hyderabad, so I will try to find out a service centre here.. This brings me some relief.. I wouldnt mind spending money as long as I get my data back.

4. annaima

annaima New IL'ite

Hi dear ,

Did you get the data ? All the best ..

5. lochu

lochu Gold IL'ite

Did your OS crash or the hardware ?

If you hard disk is intact you might be able to pull it out and mount it to another computer ( there are lot of usb based connectors available now for hard disk and it includes both laptop HD and COmputer HD )Don't panic its so easy to recover data .