1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Indians in Alpharetta, GA

Discussion in 'Indians in Georgia' started by smartspider, Dec 21, 2007.

1. Cindrellaa

Cindrellaa New IL'ite

ya exactly. Cant post your email ids here !! Where in Alpharetta do u live ?? I live in Windward ... What do you do to kill your time.. actually you have a 2 year old, so must be busy with your baby .. rite ?
    Do u use face book ??

2. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

Hi Hema, nice to see you on IL. If I am not mistaken I met you on Friday when you were out walking with your daughter :) Small world..

3. hemasaravanan

hemasaravanan New IL'ite

Hi Aparna,
    Yes!!!! you are rt. :) . I was expecting ur call. Call me when u find time.

4. hemasaravanan

hemasaravanan New IL'ite

I live in Camden Deerfield apartments.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  5. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

Sorry about not calling. Have been busy with a lot of things. Will call you sometime this week surely :)

6. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

Hello Friends!

I am moving to Atlanta, GA in one month from now as I received a job offer at emory university. I really do not have any idea about the area, my husband searched a bit and he found alpharetta as one place which seems good. Any suggestions on to whether I can take up an apartment in Alpharetta, and commute to Emory?

I am looking forward to making new friends there, and I am sure this is the best place to start, :)

Thanks!

Misha

7. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

Welcome to Atlanta Mihisha. Commuting from Alpharetta to Emory on a daily basis could be a hassle (especially in peak hours). Atlanta is famous for it's choked roads. If you want to stay in Alpharetta, try to stay close to a public transport system as that would make your life a little stress free. Another option would be to look for houses in Dunwoody. That also has huge Indian population (if you are looking for big Indian crowd) and it would reduce your commute by half.

8. Mihisha

Mihisha Senior IL'ite

Thanks Aparna,

We were there at Atlanta during the July 4th weekend- we couldnt go to the Alpharetta- but have roamed a lot in and around the downtown atlanta- which was a pleasant surprise for us both- and emory university. The campus is v green and since I would be staying alone without hubby for next 6 months, we have taken up campus housing for me which is more secure. That being said, I have already started looking for a nice suburbs options of atlanta, which has sizeable indian population as we would eventually be planning buying a home by next year around this time. My husband would relocate next yr and depending on which part of atlanta he gets a job, we would plan to buy the home. Dunwoody seems really nice option, other options that we have boiled down are:

Sandy springs
    Decatur
    Duluth
    Tucker/ Stone Mountain

I would really really appreciate if you guys can chip in with whatever knowledge you have about these areas,

Thanks!
    Bests
    Misha

9. Cindrellaa

Cindrellaa New IL'ite

Hi ,

I see a lot of women here who r in search of friends, and no doubt this is a good site to meet people from your area, however, there is neither an option of instant messaging , nor can we send private messages to someone.. oh ya, cant even post our email ids here :( How are we supposed to make friends this way ??

Anyways, i am on facebook..and am sure everyone here uses it. You can find me on face book by the name Kiran Mittal, am standing in front of a beach in the profile picture.

Hope to get in touch with ur'll soon . take care till then :)

1 person likes this.
  10. aparnanc

aparnanc Bronze IL'ite

Misha,

Nice to hear your update. As it's just you it makes sense to stay in Emory itself. Good luck with your house hunt. I am not very well versed with the areas you have mentioned so may not be able to share too much information.