1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

Our daily makeup

Discussion in 'Cosmetics & Makeups' started by kspanjali1, Jun 4, 2011.

1. dimple7

dimple7 Gold IL'ite

Hallo friends
    I would like to share with you something that i have recently learned from my friend cum colleague........
    We have been talking about the problems with Kajal in this forum. so heres a solution for all of us- there is a magic.....which is called LAKME EYE ARTIST. It is like a thin marker pen, and can be easily applied on the eye- in either of the eyelids (upper/lower/both). It gives a dark color in one touch only. And it last all day long without smudging.
    She showed it to me and i experimented with it.
    Its really great.
    next time i am going to buy it.
    I have also heard that such kind of eye pencil are available in oriflame brand too.
    Whatever be it, its really grt.
    hip hip hurray!!!!!!!

2. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Hey guys just came across this thread. Its awesome that you guys share your makeup details.
    My regular office makeup will be a
    1. basic moisturiser
    2. Maybelline compact powder
    3. Maybelline Eye Liner Black
    4. Kajal Eyetex
    5. Maybelline Light pink LipStick/Lip gloss

Don't think that I am advocating Maybelline ;) Somehow I am comfortable with that brand that's all :)

When it comes to functions, I carefully choose my attire whether traditional or modern, and match it with the accessories. If I wear a saree I'll make sure I wear some traditional jewels. A little bit of blush and Eye Shadow also, I use on such occasions.
    I make sure my hair is washed just on the day of the occasion so that I can comb it well and leave it free with just a small clip.
    I have a ion straightener which I use when I wear some hip modern clothes to give the straight look to hair and it works really well :)

Keep sharing more tips and tricks :thumbsup
    Cheers,
    Mathangi

3. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

I am also a crazy of make up.I apply make up only when I go out.Otherwise I don't apply anything just be natural.

While going out I always apply aveno moisturizer,
    then sometimes(rarely) loreal concealer,
    revlon two in one (foundation and powder ) sometimes(it gives a great finish naturally)

lakme compact powder( most of the times)(it's really good and natural)
    lakme eyeliner( good one ,easy to apply and is dark too when compared to revlon eye pen.
    I have a revlon eye pen but it's really a time consuming one and moreover doesn't give a dark black colour.(It's mild)
    lakme kajal( I am not a great fan of lakme, but I don't want to throw the stuff and waiting for them to get over so as to buy some other brands of eyeliner and kajal)
    revlon eyeshadow(only brown or sheer one's)
    revlon lipsticks and loreal lipsticks(that matches my dress) with lipliners always.( I never use dark red and purple lipsticks)
    I have a bunch of lakme lipsticks and I don't even touch them just because they are sticky and doesn't last long and should be very careful while eating and after eating only the lipliner will be there on the lips and we will look awkward.
    sometimes when I want to look so simple
    I use maybelline pink satin lipstick with lakme lipliner( pink lipsticks looks fantastic only with lipliners.
    And finally maybelline softplum blush

Most of the times I forget to apply perfume and once in a while I use twilight woods.It is a mild one.I always prefer milder perfumes to strong ones.

And I use exfoliating face wash once or twice in a weak.

Usually it will take only 10 to 15 minutes for me to get ready . Regarding accessories I always love to wear gold and pearls ones with suitable coloured stones that matches the dresses.No artificial ones.

One thing I am particular is that I don't want someone to think that I am in full make up.Instead they should feel I look great and natural.So make up is a trick.

Recently I bought bobby brown luminous foundation and am searching for the correct powder which will give a slight shiny look to the face.Can any one suggest me please.

4. kspanjali1

kspanjali1 Senior IL'ite

Hi Dimple...
    How are you doing??
    So did you try out the Eye Artist.. I am already using that for eye liner.. but when I tried it as kajal it didnt work out for me.. So stopped using it as kajal.. Ya but for eye liner its quiet good :)

5. kspanjali1

kspanjali1 Senior IL'ite

Hi Mathangi...
    Thank you for sharing your make up routine :)
    You can also share any tips you know and which you follow...

6. kspanjali1

kspanjali1 Senior IL'ite

Hi Hemalatha...
    Thanks a lot on sharing info about your make up.. It great to know that you are waiting for your make up stuff to get over before you want to buy a new one and you dont want to throw it away :)
    Regarding the powder i am sorry that i cant help you in that.. one of our friends will definitely help you out in that :)

7. Joanita

Joanita New IL'ite

My daily makeup routine includes lakme peach and plum daily glow moisturiser(it gives a dewy look to skin), revlon touch and glow compact, lakme kajal or gurlein kohl on water line and if office some tinted lip balm like nivea , if some function nude ipstick like revlon colorburst rosy nude

If time there,i'll also apply coloured pencil eye liner or rimmer liquid eyeliner in blue or black gel eyeliner depending on dress on top lid.

If wearing jeans and suck kinda dress will try to avoid bindi or use a small one, otherwise depends on mood and dress.

Will try to change earring and bangles depending on dress.

Night will cleanse with neutrogena mild face wash and will apply patanjali aloevera gel.

8. anupamag

anupamag Gold IL'ite

Wow...one of my fav topics. I keep on experimenting with new things which match my skin. Right now, this is what I am using daily for office:

1. Neutrogena deep pore cleansing face wash
    2. Maybelline dream matte mouse
    3. Maybelline whitestay UV compact
    4. Revlon black eyeliner and mascara
    5. Lakme lip liner and lipstick in Ruby wine color

If there is any occasion/event then I will use Revlon glow foundation and will include eyeshadow too and darker lipsticks with lipgloss.

Once a week, I do at home cleansing, scrubbing, moisturizing, and home made facepack. I avoid oily and spicy food and eat greens, fruits and drink lots of water. I exercise 20 min everyday.

9. dollykbrar

dollykbrar New IL'ite

Any suggestions or tips for hot and humid temp. when any make up tends to just melt off the face:drowning

10. dblakshmi

dblakshmi Junior IL'ite

My skin is very dry. So I don't use soap at all. I wash face with cold water twice or thrice a day. Every alternate day I use cetaphil cleanser. I make sure I moisturise my skin after wash. I use nivea for very dry skin moisturizer, shahnaz kajal and draw bindi with eyeliner. I am stay at home mom, I don't need much of makeup. I put some lip gloss. Comb my hair. Coordinated earrings.This is all done in less than 5 mts.
    I put make up when i go out, i put moisturiser, olay cream, compact powder, reqvlon eyeliner, shahnaz kajal, sea blue or green eye line above the black liner, shadow, revlon lip liner and lip stick, matching earrings, chain and braceletls. My hair is just combed and clipped loose and some deos. I make sure I remove my make up o nce i step in home.

I wash my face and moisturise before going to sleep.