Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear C,

We went for a long drive last weekend. Chocolate Nankhatai I made last Thursday got over, so I made one more batch on Friday, I halved the quantity you mentioned. Later I realised that I can make very less biscuits, so I used the small cookie cutter I have and shaped them like heart and kept choclate chips on top of it. Branded them as chocolate Nankhatai little hearts. The taste was superb as usual. I managed to make 30 biscuits.

Today I made Swiss museli for breakfast for M and oats for myself. Lunch is Pulka, Tomato raitha and Dhal Keerai Masaiyal(This was too easy and Jiffy). For dinner I made Bhendi masala, just need to make roti's in the evening.

Also made MW salted peanuts and it was a nice time pass snack for our drive :)

2. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Kamala, The very name of Kalyana Rasam is so inviting! :tongue
    I suggest making the powder, however little, fresh, every time for best results!!
    I have given a Butter badusha also without layers. But layers make this more crunchy & sweetness permeates as though thro' layers.
    Ashoka is so popular in Suriya sweets & you have to book in advance. It is said to be a Thanjavur special!!
    Ulundu sadam is similar to thenga sadam & needs a spicy side dish like vathakzambu or puli vitta kootu. You can definitely add crushed pepper+jeera, but make sure it does not "mask" the ulundu flavour!!
    I love you for your interest in my recipes!!:) Pray for "sustenance":biggrin2:

3. Chitvish

Dear Kamala, that is one of my favourite threads. Please remember that you can freeze Kanchipuram idli batter. It comes out even better. ( same for aappam, 1-2-3, tur dhal oothappam) batters.
    Since you are a career woman, I think these tips will be very helpful to you!!
    Thanks, thanks & thanks.

4. Chitvish

Radha, your little heart biscuit idea sounds so good!! :)
    I wonder why you did'nt eat swiss apple museli?? Ideal for breakfast!!
    MW salted peanuts is the best norukks!! :biggrin2:

5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Chithmam,

made capsicum and paneer (paneer is homemade, with coriander leaves, crushed chilly flakes) rice, and the rice has come out so flavorful and tasty..it reminded me of my first il meet and having it at your place. i have made a chana+lauki to go with it.

6. Chitvish

Shan, your memory is sharp!!
    Lauki with channa OR Channa dhal???
    Thanks for the FB, Shan :)

7. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

it was a lot of fun mam, how will i forget.

i made it with chana. i also add knolkhol to chana in lieu of potato sometimes.

8. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

Dear Chiths

Today made DHAL KEERAI MASIYAL.....It is the best dish i have ever had with keerai and i used mulai keerai...You can proudly say chitru is your DIL..she has given you a very very gud recipe which is so tasty...Vibu had it with chapathis and me with rasam sadam....

Also French Beans soup has become a regular dish at home and the ingrdients being very simple it is very easy to make it as well....Today it is Brocoli soup which is my childrens favourite !!!

lov
    sowmi

9. Chitvish

Yes, yet another FB to be passed on to Chitru :)
    Now we get such nice (though very costly) Bush beans that it is worth making soup with it & relishing it!!

10. damini

damini Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra Ma'm,
    I'm trying to get fitter & so don't buy anything that will tempt me. I was craving for something to satisfy my sweet tooth for the past 2 days & yesterday I made Moong-Cashew Kheer.It was very jiffy to make & enjoying it in small cups:).Todays evening snack for DD was Pizza- she was all smiles:thumbsupThank you so much.
    Love,
    Damini.