1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

That PURRRFFFECT taste…

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thanks Pavi...

yes me too ,since I am from kerala side and he from Madurai I have adapted to their cooking only because most of the cooking I learnt was, anyway from my MIL.

Cannot agree more Mindi - mother's taste is mother's taste.

yessss :)

Next time - me also should try refrigeration the chamandi :)

hahaha when everything else fails ,do remember me .:cheers

2. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

hi Satchi,

of course the fault was with the mango :rotfl

Mindi, mamma's cooking is the best, even if it is broccolli bake (this is a favourite, and I am inviting myself over for a taste of this when you are here :) ).

ohhh yesss, all that is effortless cooking for me.:)

And believe you, you did well by not letting the cat out of the bag.

thank you !! you don't know how irritatingly honest I can usually be..much to my detriment sometimes.

3. mathu903

mathu903 Gold IL'ite

Perfect post Mindi! And your posts are really spiced with humour which makes them all the more interesting. As you always say, Moms cooking is always the best.
    At this note, I would like to share an anecdote from my life.
    One day my husband demanded that I do Paruppu Urandai Kuzhambu and Thengai Thuvaiyal like his mom does. I took the recipe from her and did it perfectly to my understanding. But, the kuzhambu lacked consistency and taste. I was really upset and was fiddling with the thuvaiyal I made(which really tasted good) and accidentally a good portion of the thuvaiyal fell into the kuzhambu. By the time I realized it, I was not able to separate the two. With no options remaining, I mixed them completely and then tasted it. To my suprise, the kuzhambu tasted really good! So, i added a little more thuvaiyal to get the final desired effect and created a recipe of my own! DH was impressed! That was the first time I got a compliment that this tastes different but even better than what my Mom makes!! Do I need to say that I had started flying by that time :D

4. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Minds,
    I went back to my index - I have given only thengai chammandi!!
    Now, before the mango season ends, I will rush to the marlket, try & post
    Mindi's manga chammandi with a tip to refrigerate it for a purrfffect taste!!

You call elisery?? We call eriseri!!

5. omsrisai

omsrisai IL Hall of Fame

Nicely written Mindi...true that mom's cooking is always purrrrrrrffect.....

So your refrigrator played a good role in making your MC fantastic...

Waiting for more to come from you..

6. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

My dearest Mindi,
    How r u? I am really missing IL very much because of the work nature here :)
    I decided to jump in before you forget me...

By the way, though your post is as hilarious and enjoyable as always , reading it made me home sick... I never thought days will be so long.. oh sorry for the Mugari..

Nevertheless I was smiling all the way reading your posts

7. faith11

faith11 New IL'ite

Hi,
    It was a good read :)

This is sooo funny :rotfl
    Sometimes when I don't get my chilli paste right, I blame it on the Aussie chillies!

Well, nothing can beat a mum's cooking for sure.

8. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

ha.ah....ha... that was gastonomic, Mindy. I just did manga chamandhi few days back and after reading the post now my mouth is watering and i am going to make it again today as got two more mangoes left. Its the practice, experience & right judgement while measuring, love & dedication - factors contributing to a mother's taste. I remember my first cooking episode as every attempt of making sambar ends up into rasam and rasams into a clear soups! sometimes salty sometimes no salt! dry curries came out very dry & roasted with a black coat! aha.ha.... Enjoyed every word that made your post hillarious too.

9. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

Well a ladies topic, but we men eat food, na, so i must comment onit.
    My mom makes somethings my wife cant make, like non veg, prawns, poplet fried, and we dont get those things here in jaipur, so how acn i not crave for mom's food eh ! HAHA

Good one mindi, let me be the hudge, of how good food u make, when i get the opportunity to visit u there, and see for myself . You veg or nonveg ?

Regards

kamal

10. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

thanks VJ, :)

ohh you must try refrigerating when everything else fails ..:wink: