September 2011 Moms to be

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by stork82, Jan 11, 2011.

1. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Thanks to all of you who left a feedback on the new due date table! :)

Nithya: Good choice of names! And a wise decision to put your son in a school, in a place where you will be spending the next few months..I am liking the new place so far and am gradually settling down..:)

Possible! Have heard of cases like this in the past.

TTC: Congrats on finding out the gender..Must be a boy and a girl only, methinks...:)

Sangeetha: Great to know everything is normal your end..Congratulations! Don't worry..You will improve on the weight part also slowly..I have also been having a bad body pain since the last two days..Took enough rest..am feeling slightly better now..

I realised July 8th is 2 weeks away only after reading this update...which basically means, that in another 2 weeks we will all be waiting for the coming 2 months to pass by..September, come soon please...:)

Chotu, will try this recipe..Looks nice.. :)
    Anu: Congratulations on clearing the glucose test.. No idea about UTI..but the other girls have already said enough...So hoping you are less tensed now..:)

Amar: Great to know you are maintaining the balance in glucose levels...Just keep at it..

Ramya: Oh June club yaa? Have you already delivered or you are yet to? In anycase, all the very best! :thumbsup

Common with baby boys? :) Interesting to know this..Will keep in mind..Mine made me visit the loo for like 10 times yesterday within 2 hours..I felt, my boy mistook my uterus for a trampoline. I kept feeling he was directly kicking me at the bottom.. I was hoping I don't doze off in the loo..:crazy

Thanks for sharing this Angel..Very useful info..
    I am doing good ya, barring the body pain that I kept fighting last two days..:)
    Hi Priyanka! :) Good to know you had a great weekend! Your little one also must have enjoyed inside I am sure..:) Is your backache any better now?
    Update: My doc had asked me for my previous reports from India..Only after an evaluation of those reports will I actually get to meet her..My reports are still under scrutiny..But I got a call from the doc's assistant saying that I may have to take a blood/urine test to check a couple more things..Will know the details tomorrow..

2. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Hey Stork,

Am sure LO also had a nice time considering his/her kicks being so prominent! :)

All the best for your tests.....u will get an apt very soon.

My update :- Having a lazy day at home. DH is also with me today.....i pesterered him soooo much yesterday to take an off today :hide: that he actually ended up taking an off actually:thumbsup Though he was grumbling that he has so much of work to do in ofc....so i said y dont u work from home for some hours in the afternoon when i sleep!:biglaugh
    And yesterday DH actually felt LO's kicks:banana..........he was so happy.....i couldnt tell u girls he was xcited like a kid who got his fav toy. It was a bliss to see him so happy u know. All these days i used to feel bad when he couldnt feel LO....but yesterday i was so happy for him. He called up MIL and told her and she was also very happy.....FIL as usual didnt care though!

Take care girls,
    Priyanka (A very happy one:))

3. angel1719

angel1719 Silver IL'ite

Sangeetha: Hey thanks for that…I doubt about my HB as my doc has not yet prescribed any iron tablets so far..I am just having pregnaplus (multivitamins) daily. And now Calcium and magnesium separate. (initially it was one combined for Ca & Mg).
    Biceps, triceps..god knows what it is…I don’t hope for a six pack body but it should also not be one pack (rice pack) like his dad…lol..:biglaugh
    Aww your two little angels also kicking and moving around….
    Take care of yourself in this heat..and yes we are prone to catch any illness faster….so be careful….if you being in US complaining about summers imagine the heat here in desert:drowning…its crazy hot but we don’t go out during day time so it better….
    Try to have water melon, grapes it will help you keep cool…. <!--[endif]-->
    CM: I guess all our LO’s are very active when we are quiet…..:bonk
    Yes this new format is a bit difficult as we are not used to it….Me too haven’t browsed much….
    Wow, you went for hospital tour..I need to speak to my doc during next visit…
    So you started penning down the items required for baby immediately and basic needs…great..I have the list ready just have to update details so that my DH knows what to buy from where and when…lol:coffee

Priyanka: You serious, 4 hours of time for eating…OMG, I don’t know how much would I have hogged…..it’s really good to know that you had a very nice and sweet quality time with your DH..All thanks to your FIL….:rotfl
    Your LO must be kicking you more after this scrumptious meal..that’s why your DH felt it quicker…Really felt nice to see your footer Priyanka (a very happy one)..made me smile..:)

You know, my DH tells me, since I don’t eat non veg..he always points that my poor little baby must be hating all those veggies…don’t worry when you come out..your dad will give you lovely non veg food….
    About my LO gaining weight…I am a bit tensed..hope he doesn’t grow like me…as when I was born I was 8lbs…everybody teases me till date in my family..that I was a fatso…:hide:.

Stork: Yes, even I was not aware of until this check up that this is very common with baby boys..I guess he was just lazy in passing urine….
    Ha ha ha your LO is keeping you busy with the loo…that’s a good sign..that everything is fine…:bowdown
    Don’t over stress yourself too much with settling in new place…just take enough rest in order to avoid body ache..I have noticed the day when I am super active, I am equally dead at the end of the day….so better rest…hope your pain will subside soon….

And all the best for your next check up…today you will get to know right? That what all tests are to be done…..:)

My update:
    Since, its month end, the work is very less...so relaxing a bit...and happy that have an extra day off this week...hope to catch up some rest..but may be I will utilize it for my GTT and HB test....

[​IMG]

4. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

Angel,

So u have an extended weekend huh.....have fun! Take loads of rest and rest and rest!:thumbsup

Did u just say Rice pack:biglaugh........that was funny! But hey its good to be a chubby baby ok....u can cuddle and cuddle and cuddle plus "Khate Peete ghar ka lagna chahiye" what say?! I want LO to be minimum 3.5 kgs.....hmm.....lets see:coffee

Dont worry about your blood tests....they will be normal.

Even my work in ofc is little less as its month end....it will be a bit hectic next week due to MIS and also later due to quarter end.....but since am into delegating work i dont think i would end up doing much this time.....I HOPE:bowdown

Take care,
    Priyanka

5. angel1719

angel1719 Silver IL'ite

Hey Good morning,
    Yeah looking forward to this off..but i m sure I will have to get up early for the test..as I will be fasting for 10 hours (entire night), so would prefer to take the test as early as possible....otherwise on weekends I feel like sleeping till late....

Rice pack is true...as we already have one at home..I tell my DH..who said you don't have pack body..you have one pack ..rice pack...:rotfl:rotflbut yes 3 to 3.5 kg is good weight (truly said khate pite ghar ka :-D )...normally i have seen babies of 2.5 to 3 or so...
    Any idea how much does the baby grow each week or couple of weeks...like in grams in this trimester?

Good that its month end..even now I have started my handover so the reports which I don't like I ask this girl to learn now itself...so she will be doing a part of that work....Hence, coming month at work will be a bit Chillout!for me...

[​IMG]

6. priyankanath

priyankanath Gold IL'ite

By the end of 28 weeks fetus should be minimum 1kg....which our LOs are already!:thumbsup After that it should gain around 2kgs in the next 3months till delivery on an average. (Average weight range is 2.5kgs - 3.5kgs at birth and the mean being 3kgs). Thats the calculation my doc gave me.
    By now all the major organ developments are already complete (except for lungs and brains) and now its the time when LO just gains fat or weight.
    How is your boy doing? Hard kicks? Now i can feel my LO moving also apart from kicks.:cheers

Priyanka

7. RamyaVijjay

RamyaVijjay New IL'ite

Hey Girllees...

How' ya all? sorry for not being active here. gotten busy into work and touch basing our club updates thn n thr.

Found a useful site for Pregnancy exercises and immediately wanted to share with u all. Here it is. Has crisp step by step instructions of how to do and basic pictures.

My update:
    I'm starting my 30th week as per Babycenter app. Weight gain - Was 61.5 kg at pre-pregnancy, 60 during first trimester, 67 kgs now. Feeling little heavy and tired on walking. Also sitting in the same position at office for continuous hours poses pain on my ribs and lower backbone.

Doctor prescribed visits every two weeks from now on. advised to avoid fried foods, sugar and fatty foods to keep weight gain under control.

Got some essentials for baby like cuddler towels, small size bed spreads, water proof sheet, one set of dresses which had 5 dresses inside each with growing sizes. Got them from MotherCare store, Chennai. Chosen what crib to buy, will order at later stage. It can be used as crib during initial months with adjustable bed heights and can be altered to use as Kids bed at later few years with sides removed. It has a changing stand attached to it too.:thumbsup

Need to pack 'Mom's bag' yet for The Day!
    1. Anybody guide on what to keep in there, say nighties, sanitary pads, inners, wipe clothes, towels and then what? Read 'disposable panties' somewhere - necessary?
    2. May sound silly but 'Will we be taking shower at the hospital after delivery as we'll be discharged only after few days..?'
    3. Hearing that cloth napkins are best for LO than nappy pads in the initial months. Do we get readymade stitched triangular clothes somewhere in stores? or we need to prepare them manually from new white dothi's or something?
    Please guide.

Drenching into all kind of emotions going through the posts in our club. :)
    Take care all...

With two more quick months to pass, working on names.. Everyone finalised names?

8. RamyaVijjay

RamyaVijjay New IL'ite

Happy for u, Priyu... :)

Stork,
    So it's a buoyy!! congratz. :)

9. lotusgirl

lotusgirl Senior IL'ite

hi ladies..
    yet another non active member here..
    hope you all are doing well and enjoying the count down.. i was pretty happy to say the least that it showed 70 days more for me :) ..
    dont think i updated, but my Glucose test was done and got the result imm and i am doing good ..so the chocolates are still getting eaten and icecreams too.. but summer definitely is a good excuse for icecream..

the midwife appointments are going to be atleast twice a mnth now and more towards the last few weeks.. and have my week 32 scan scheduled for mid july...

Oh and have got a fun test for you ladies who havent found their baby's gender yet.. its not foolproof, but found it online at babycenter --

step 1) get 2 cups. pour 2 tablespoons of baking soda into one cup, and pee in the other cup.

step 2) pour your urine into the baking soda.

step 3) if the mixture foams up like a beer, it's a boy result! if the mixture does nothing, or barely making a fizzle like a flat sprite, it's a girl result! no foam = girl!
    you need to be atleast 12 weeks long to do this test..

But a bit of caution, i think for me this didnt work as the result was a bit against what our US gave..but still its a fun thing to do...

have fun....

oh just saw a post about birth weights -- in india less than 2.5 is considered low birth weight, whereas in most european countries 3.5 is the norm & below 3 is considered well below the mean value :), so we were thinking our first LO was tiny with birthweight of 3.30 kg, but was told very firmly that was a very healthy weight for a indian baby..
    the babies here are huge with 4-4.5 being the normal birth weight.. they look atleast couple of months old the day they are born :D ...

take care all of you... its fun to read the updates here, but i am not that great in posting back...

10. stork82

stork82 Silver IL'ite

Congrats on feeling the first movements Priyanka! :) I can totally relate to the excitement!

All the very best for the tests lined up, Angel! Hoping your tests went well and waiting for your update..I have been asked to take a blood test for CBC and a urine culture test to check for any UTI..Going for that today...Not sure when I will get the results though...

Angel, Priyanka and LotusGirl : Interesting info on the weight gain part! Hope we all deliver healthy babies!

Ramya: Good to see your post and understand that you are doing well..Haven't really thought about what gets into Mom's bag yet..Thanks for bringing this up, and for sharing the fitness link also.:).Keep posting!
    Thanks Ramya! :)