1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Behind the Wheel Test

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bay Area' started by Geetha24, Feb 15, 2007.

1. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Well,that is a critical mistake ,no doubt.You are allowed to make 15 minor mistakes,no critical mistakes are allowed.My hubby who was driving in India for almost 10 years,also did not pass the driving test here at the first attempt,because he did not see the red light(some tree branches blocked his view) and therefore jumped the signal.That DMV guy went to the extent of telling him-'You drive so rashly,wonder who gave you a license in India' and my hubby is not at all a rash driver,I can vouch for that.So,it happens.

Better luck next time.

2. Geetha24

Geetha24 Senior IL'ite

Hi Srilak,
    When are you planning to take your next test?

-Geetha

3. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

Hi Geetha and all,

I am happy to say that I passed my behind the wheel drive test. I took 8 driving lessons. So it gave me confidence to go to my test.

This time luckily I didn't do any critical mistake. When I stopped at stop sign I counted three numbers loudly out.... my trianer told me to do that.... during test also I did that and my examiner didn't say anything about it.

Now I will drive with my DH for a while........when I get confidence I will take out the car alone.

Regards
    Srilak.

4. Geetha24

Geetha24 Senior IL'ite

Srilak,
    Congrats !!! Happy and Safe Drive.

Geetha

5. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Hi srilak

congrats on clearing the test!!!

Am new to US and yet to take the written test in our state...Pl pray for me!!!:hiya

warm regards

6. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Thank you Geetha and suba.

Suba, just read the DMV driving book for one time and do the previous test papers. U can get the previous test papers from some friends.....or go to DMV oneday and ask everyone there(who took the exam ) for their test papers.......I hope it helps. All the best.

Regards
    Srilak.

7. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

Thanks srilak.

But its an online test know??? How can we get the sample question papers ?I searched it in d web. but could find only one test paper containig 25 qs.
    btw whats the procedure to get the learner's license for an h4 holder ? bcoz i cant hav a SSN here...

warm regards:hiya

8. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

I think, california is going backwards..........still here we take paper test.....then just read your DMV book...u will be just fine with it.
    For ssn, u should get a letter from ssn office stating that u don't have ssn and u don't need ssn to write driving licence test..

I think online u can't explain everything so go personally to DMV to clarify your doubts.
    I hope it works for u....I was in your situation(no ssn) 3years back.....for my state ID.

Regards
    srilak

But its an online test know??? How can we get the sample question papers ?I searched it in d web. but could find only one test paper containig 25 qs.
    btw whats the procedure to get the learner's license for an h4 holder ? bcoz i cant hav a SSN here...

warm regards:hiya[/quote]

9. tadasari

tadasari New IL'ite

Keep in mind that it really depends on the instructor! It's all subjective in the end. One thing that's really important is to come to a full, 3 second stop at a stop sign before rolling forward, and then looking both ways again.

10. pushkala

pushkala New IL'ite

I cleared my written tests.. i m gearing up for on the wheels test..can u suggest sme good driving school plz