September 2010 mommies :-)

Discussion in 'Due Date Clubs' started by DevikaS, Feb 4, 2010.

1. iluvpeace

iluvpeace Senior IL'ite

It took me some time for navigating to this thread,everything is so new & fresh!!!

How are all the baby pie's doing??

Pinky

2. marina20

marina20 Bronze IL'ite

Hi all...the new look is not so eye soothing..

Sep..where are u ?? Hope all is well..

Ryan is very cranky..he is teething and in pain and sleepy..also vomited several times yesterday..

hope the teething phase gets over soon..

other mommies and kids...where are u all..

3. september

september Bronze IL'ite

new IL ......
    i always liked our old IL forum , the one we had before the previous homepage.

sowmya,

i dont give slices , they are hard ... what ever you get similar to buttery texture would be fine.
    here we get
    now i thought i will explain it , but pictures can explain better.

Picture 055.jpg Picture 057.jpg Picture 060.jpg
    this came directly out of the fridge , so little hard ... when kept out it will become creamy.

now that much is smeared between his jaws at the sides.... babies have tendency to puke cos of the slimy texture.... so first give very little and then slowly can increase the amount.

now i dont know how much of such a block can a 9 month old eat .... anyone?

2 people like this.
  4. september

september Bronze IL'ite

pinky,

thats a good idea ....
    even mayonnaise can be mixed with rice and given for weight gain in kids ( a tip for sowmya )

anu,

so kuwait is dusty now .......
    i gave JO mango puree once ...... he liked it . i usually give apple .

dont touch baby's head
    ........ thats because ... the skull at the top is not fused in babies and closes only at 1 1/2 yrs of age ..... so a soft spot remains where brain is almost felt ( a lil exaggeration).... thats why you should not touch babies head hard.

dont show mirror........ i have heard they get scared , it seems .[​IMG][​IMG]..:shaking:

Ryan has overtaken Mr. Jo in teething ....... my baby is still toothless shakehead
    yesterday he bit his sis on her leg cos she did not help him stand up ..... and she comes and tells me , "mummy he bit me , i think he is getting his teeth".

5. marina20

marina20 Bronze IL'ite

6. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

all mommies...

it took a while for me get the hang of new IL and neither do i like the look....

Sept- Thanks for deetailed pic of cheese and how much you give.. may be i will the amul cheese that comes like butter....
    whats your daughters name?
    mirror Athira likes to kiss herself in the mirror.. she kisses her image...

Marina - hope ryan gets out of teething first.. is he getting one or two? and lower or upper?

Pinky &sept thanks for the tip of mixing cheese with rice..

Anu hope you and LO are fine...

7. marina20

marina20 Bronze IL'ite

Sowmya..he is getting the lower ones..i can see one...but the other one will pop out soon.

I think he vomited coz i had ground some cashewnuts in his oats...otherwise from sat evening he is back to normal..

8. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

ah.. may be it was too much for him to digest...

9. jaimatadi123

jaimatadi123 Senior IL'ite

hi ladies ,

Marina maybe you should avoid giving nut's till the baby is 1 yr old. thts wht the doc's suggest.

Sowraj - how much does your baby weigh . she is goin to be 10 months old soon , like my ishi and i dont think ishi is touching 9 kgs. :S
    The doc isnt bothered so im O.K with it. He says children who are lean are healthy and they dont become obese later in life, so its must to keep them lean atleast for first few years.
    but i would love to see a chubby baby anyday , i secretly hope ishi becomes chubby too .. :)

Sept- thnx for explaining the kiri - i give ishi home made paneer sometimes, never tried kiri , will do so..

pinky - yes im trying to navigate this new IL. fresh and welcome change..

Kwi is dusty and gloomy, but not humid so better than Dubai at the moment - my in laws are bored sitting at home.

10. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

Anu.. ya she will be turning 10 mo in few days... and she is just crossed 8kg and no where near 9... as you said my doc also says the same so i am really not worried now.. but baby being chubby will make others not comment...