1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Advice required - kid not writing

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by gannuboy, Jun 22, 2011.

1. gannuboy

gannuboy Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,

This is my 1st post, I got a niece she is 5 years old, she is in UKG, she is not able to write Alphabets or numbers. But she keeps scribbling some or the other thing, but fails to write alphabets, but she is very strong in saying numbers and alphabets, rhymes etc and talks very fluent tamil and telugu words. so clearly she talks but when it comes to writing she backs...if we scold she starts crying and we are confused what to do.

I remembered this forum and thought your valuable feedback may help!

Thanks for ur support.

Regards
    Ganesh

2. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

How about she before(in 4years of age?), she used to color by holding crayons?, she can understand what do you say and response to your question?

3. gannuboy

gannuboy Bronze IL'ite

Hello Mehana, thanks for your reply. She was not writing in LKG also, she is very normal in all aspects and she acts very responsible and if she takes some object she will keep in the same place. Everything is perfectly fine.

4. Mehana

Mehana Platinum IL'ite

She should be fine though, if she is able to interact with you and other kids in her class?. How about her listening skills, eat herself, can she say her name.....

I think she need some push from you, help her by holding her hands. Have some trace papers and ask her to draw on it( help her by holding her hand).

5. gannuboy

gannuboy Bronze IL'ite

Hello shanvy, many thanks for your reply. I am sorry, I didnt go thru the previous posts and jus posted here 1st and as I am being new too :). This site has plenty of valuable information. Time is not enough!
    I shall go thru the links and I believe this would definitely throw some light. Thanks for your support.!

Mehana, Thanks for your reply too!

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

gannuboy you are welcome. so true there are lots of things already discussed..in the curiosity and anxiety some of the members do not use the search function properly.

7. Amicable

Amicable Senior IL'ite

Hi shanvy...Its true that search engine is there. But I myself has tried this option so many times looking for some similiar discussions, but no matter what I ask/write it doesn't show the related topics. It will take you absolutly to different pages. I was wondering is it something I am doing wrong or how to look for the discussion/topic when searching through the search engine? Thank you.

Ami...

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

amicable,

earlier people never tagged. now some of the discussions have tags. but this is what i do..say we are looking at not willing to write..i will try all the possible searches like not interested in writing, finding it difficult to write, help in writing..most of these are possible combos for titles that our friends give..sometimes, the first search may not yield a specific answer..

that is the reason as mods, we try to combine the same or similar topics together to help people. hope this helps..if not we can discuss it more