1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

Tips on using washing machine????

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by kshema, Jun 20, 2011.

1. kshema

kshema Bronze IL'ite

Give me some useful tips on using washing machine(fully automatic)
    which is the best detergent??? is it required to soak the clothes before putting into machine??

2. sunikris

sunikris Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    First of all let me know the type of washing machine.
    Is it front loading or top loading.

In my usage, I found surfexcel, ariel, tide are the best detergents. But I put only 1 1/2tbspn of detergent powder daily for casual clothes.
    As these are strong detergents, for daily clothes, no need of using much detergent.

Soaking is depends on the stains on the clothes.
    for daily ware clothes, u no need to soak it, as I am using front loading.... so washing quality is good.

3. orion80

orion80 Platinum IL'ite

Surf Excel is very good. You have options for front loading and top loading washing machines. So you can choose based on your washing machine model.

Regarding soaking of the clothes: Most washing machines come with the options to heavy wash, normal wash and gentle/handwash. So use the option for heavy wash in your washing machine, if you feel the clothes are very dirty. The detergents for the washing machines are powerful and you dont need to soak the clothes for tough dirt.

Stains are a different thing altogether. How you go about removing the stain depends on the type of stains and the fabric.

4. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

You can use any matic powder. Any powder with matic like surf excelmatic is good for front loading washing machines because it does not give much suds. Regarding soaking of the clothes it depends on how dirty is the clothes. If the collar is really bad you can always apply little liquid soap on it and leave it for 5 - 10 mins and then put it in the washing machine.Hope i have cleared your doubts.

1 person likes this.