1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

MIL initiate fight between me and hubby

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by laddukutty, Jun 23, 2011.

1. laddukutty

laddukutty New IL'ite

MIL always initiate the problem between me and my DH. she just start the topic of what we were not in common(me and DH), like politics and relatives.when that time he reacts so much and she supports a lot to him, they just form a team. me only separated.when the arguments going on she just leave some comments about my family indirectly. i was get irritated and and get tensed, if i said any single word wrongly while,he turned to me and fighted with me to protect her mom, the same way he doesnt mind about what she said.she used him easily.

i dnt know how to react when that time.so i always give up, what they said even i dont like.But it was very horrible to forget and forgive inside.plz help me to handle this.

2. shruthi10

shruthi10 New IL'ite

I feel that you must have a gd talk with your hubby abt this...

If he scolds you or teams up with your MIL against you, she may be v happy and she will create more problems (I am not saying that all MILs are like that, but some are). As a couple, you need to reach an understanding on this...i dont think a 3rd party (incl MIL) should be allowed to have any negative say abt your spouse...we always have to support the spouse.

Once MIL knows that yr hubby will not stand for anything being said abt u, things will get better. Initially, she may say that yr husband is hen pecked etc but after some time she will know that she cant say anything. This is in yr hubby's hands...i know it seems impossible...but it is possible with time, understanding each other etc...

On yr part, never crib abt MIL to him unnecessarily, unless it is really something that you cant tolerate, tell him privately and let him handle it. If she keeps cribbing abt u to him, he will get fed up and think she is the trouble maker.

As for instances whereby she makes comments, I wld just say let it go...a lot of MILs are like that, they nvr feel we are gd enough for their son. Just ignore and pick yr battles. If she says something negative abt yr family, just politely tell her not to drag yr family into this. Ensure that yr hubby is around, else she may twist the words, cry or make an issue out of this.

Lastly, try to treat yr MIL as you wld ur own mum, giving her respect, care and concern..dun compete with yr MIL for yr husband's love...I wld say the same to yr MIL...not many DILs or MIL's can practice this..they always wanna compete.

Hope this helps, good luck.

3. laddukutty

laddukutty New IL'ite

i got married in 2007.i treated my MIL as not my mother and more than that.for returns she gave me lot of ****s.i was separated from my DH for 3 months because of her, i couldnt find any person look like her.she acts well.she gave me troubles and irritates me with her words.and then praise me infront of my hubby, and show how she cares me infront of my hubby.he believes everything what she does. i couldnt say what she does to my husband.if i said he wont accept at all. he loves her mom more than me.i dnt know when will he understand everything????:rant

4. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

Hi whenever you have the slightest clue that the team is formed then you avoid giving any comments. You be a silent spectator. By this way she cannot start a new argument. I know its difficult but better try this rather than just saying something and then ending up with some fight with your DH.

5. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Laddukutty,

Its called the "bait". People at times try to incite argument just because they know the triggers, or they're bored, or its entertaining. All you have to do is realize that its the bait, and not bite on it. Smile, go for a walk, do anything else, but don't get into the argument.

In these situations, the person initiating the argument has no rhyme or reason or interest in your opinions, its just an argument for the sake of it, so you're not going to lose anything, but only gain back your peace of mind by recognizing these instances.

Remember, many needless arguments and situations can be saved if one just curbs that impulse to talk about every single thought that comes into mind.

6. RajshreeAkku

RajshreeAkku Silver IL'ite

I think you should just keep quite as though you are watching a serial. Just dont react or dont reply to them, even if they ask you what do you think about this, you say I dont know/ and pretend that you are not interested in their talks.
    If you cant resist, just go out of house and do some gardening/ or water the plants/ or just start singing a film song ( I mean humming). By this way they will know that you are ignoring them. Slowly they will stop doing such things.

I know dear it is very difficult to resist if someone comments about the parents in negative way, but THIS IS THE BEST OPTION to go with, to avoid ending up in fights.

And dont talk to your hubby about this also, they are just like that, they cant understand what we feel when they do like this. So its of no use discussing this with them. Just act as if you never listened to their conversation and be NORMAL. Take the I DONT CARE attitude.

I hope this helps. I followed this many times and I am vERY MUCH successful in keeping their mouth shut.

tell me your situation when u followed this.

7. monita

monita Platinum IL'ite

Great advice form Dhanika and Rajshree. Just refuse to get into an argument. Don't even talk to your DH when MIL is present. Just keep asking her what she wants to eat, drink etc. If she is eating, drinking, she will keep her mouth shut and your DH will think how much you care for her mother dearest.:thumbsup

8. RajshreeAkku

RajshreeAkku Silver IL'ite

:rotfl:rotfl:biglaugh:rotfl:rotfl

Good one!!!!

9. laddukutty

laddukutty New IL'ite

one time we planned to go out(after 3months) in the evening.when that time he received the invite call from his friend for drinks party. so he deceided to go with him. i told to my DH,please dnt go with him.we will go out as per our plan.then all of a sudden he over reacts" am i slave to u? i dont have freedom,after getting married.like that. and then he breaked his cell phone also.
    when that time MIL entered, she was telling i torcheled his son,and his happiness are gone after my arrival, always DIL wanted to go out and enjoy. what u think of urself. is my son look like the driver for u..?/ u dnt know the value of husband .. when will u know to obey to this family.. My DH left with his friend and then.
    He cameback in the midnight with cake to convince me. and insist me to eat that. i refused to eat that. again MIL come to our room and said dont disturb her, she wont eat of what u gave. she asked to my DH" have u eat anything outside?" he said 'no'. thatz it she started" my son was not yet eat.even ur wife not asking u have u eat or not. and scold me... and acts like she got heartpain.(drama) . and calls my DH to hug her. I just sit beside her and hold her hand, and said U will be alright dont worry, she take it away my hands and sit far away from me. she said u dont touch me. my son will take care of me.

all of a sudden what he thinks i dnt know he started to scold me like .........
    and pull me to back. and lot of scenes are there.unforgettable...it was the time i think why should i live??

10. sindura16

sindura16 Bronze IL'ite

its all MIL's hindi serial drama....please you also watch some cruel DIL serials and do tit for tat :rant:rant:rant

on serious note...do what ur mil is doing ....be very nice to MIL in front of ur H and always tell ur H that how nice to have a elder at home and praise her food and what not ....make him feel that you r fine with ur mil if she shouts or bad mouths also...then ur husband will see the true colors of his mom....

but be patient and as everyone said...Silence is the solution for lot of problems...create an environment where u can have ur own space like listen to music or read nice books...so that u will not depend on ur husband always for entertainment...if u can , do take up a job....

life is precious, don't waste in unnecessary fights...