1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

What rice do you use for your baby?

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by cool09, Jun 1, 2011.

1. amritavarshini

amritavarshini Bronze IL'ite

thats ok..teething is a natural process and there are discomforts associated with it...as long as u r feeding ur child u can mash the cooked food with ur fingers..we might not like overcooked rice but for her u can do that so that it mixes easily

2. karuth

karuth New IL'ite

For my 8 month old, I am pureeing cooked rice in the mixer. Should we not do that? Is it not good?
    Regarding the variety of rice, I too was confused and gave him white basmathi and brown basmathi. Both worked fine. Even enriched long grain rice was good. But When I tried boiled rice (I didnt get par boiled that day) he got a severe constipation. But boiled rice is said to be better than raw rice in terms of preventing constipation right?
    I need your words ladies. Thanks.

3. Bhagawathy

Bhagawathy Bronze IL'ite

Hi!

you can give her the what ever food you eat as long it is cooked well.
    Rice can be cooked well, parboiled rice is highly nutritious. You can freeze pureed veggies and add one cube of that with the cooked and some dal and give. If you have help or at home you can give her the veggies you cook for yourself with her rice.

Looks like many have given plenty of useful advices in this thread.

Take care

Bhagawathy

4. Bhagawathy

Bhagawathy Bronze IL'ite

Hi!Cool09

another thing when kids are teething they like to bite on things, so may be you can give her some food which she can chew on a little but not choke on it, like very tiny pieces of carrot(pressure cooked) so that she can munch on it. Teething biscuits are available too , you can give her that. Some kids are fussy about food when they are teething.

Bhagawathy

5. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

@ Bhagawathy
    I dont know what made you post !! but what u said is exactly happening..she has got her 2 lower teeth and i think the molars are ready to pop.suddenly one day she totally refused baby food be it cereal/fruit or veg puree.she is currently only hvaing milk.when i asked my pedi he said there are so many kids who take solids only after a yr so thats not a prob.as long as she is getting nutrition from milk thats fine.ughhh..i was so mad at him!! thought he would give me some soln to me:rant
    right now i am going nuts as to what to feed her.she loves blueberries but when i gave that she just spit that out on my face:spinthis is going on for like 5 days till now.anybody experiencing this?

6. Bhagawathy

Bhagawathy Bronze IL'ite

Hi!

Try teething biscuits they give sufficient nutrition to sustain if not for weight gain. usually children will catch up later if they lose on nutrition during such times(teething, sickness). Try different foods that is the only option.
    Be patient and cool. Add some protein powder in milk for sufficient nutrition.

Take care

Bhagawathy

7. cool09

cool09 Senior IL'ite

what protein powder is it? do you add it to BM? I have never heard of it!

8. Bhagawathy

Bhagawathy Bronze IL'ite

Hi!Cool09,

Sorry protein powders can be given only with regular milk. You wouldn't have started giving her regular milk until she is 1. Typed that in error. Did you try using the teething biscuits?