Indian ladies in UK - Introduce yourselves here!

Discussion in 'Indians in the UK' started by Sindhurao, Jul 21, 2008.

1. Kajoraj

Kajoraj New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I m looking for some friends in uk. I moved to uk last November. It is really boring to be inside Walls and even more boring to go out all alone to kill your time where in I m used to hang around with friends. I live in south east London, tunbridge wells. I see load of Indian ladies here but bit uncomfortable to go and deliberately speak. Would be really great if I find some one here.

Like most of u said, there is no social life like we enjoy in India. I m from chennai and really miss the beach and the fun in those indian shore. Waiting for my holiday :)

Waiting to hear,
    Kajo.

2. dubbi

dubbi Bronze IL'ite

Hi

I moved from Chennai to Hemel Hempstead which is about a 30 min train ride from Euston. As Kajolraj we miss Chennai a lot and my kids are constantly asking us to get back. They want the climate , their grandparents, friends and school back. We did enjoy going around London in April but we are mostly stuck indoors except fro school hours for the kids.

Cheers
    Deepa

3. manopriya

manopriya New IL'ite

Hi Deepa and Kajolraj,

Nice to get to know both of you guys in IL. I am from Chennai too living inWokingham. I have been in UK for nearly13 years. Sometimes I used to feel theway you guys do. But, as days go on, I got used to locals now. If you’re interested you can go to local leisure centre and see if you can participate in any activities there. You can do it with your children too. Like swimming,badminton, cycling, ice skating, yoga or even martial arts if you’reinterested. There should be some local college, adult learning centre forlearning new skills too. If you go to local libraries, you can find more pamphlets about local activities. I am sure you'll find something related to your interest and enjoy it and will get to see more people locally. You can even do some walking running around your area orin Local Park with your kids. I am sure you will make new good friends too. Good Luck gals.
    Mano

4. PhysioKGeorge

PhysioKGeorge New IL'ite

Hello ladies!

Im Karen from Hemel, Herts. I've just moved here from Dubai a couple of months back. I have a 20 months olf daughter named Maegan. Currently a stay-at-home mom, Im a physiotherapist by profession and am looking for a job.
    I like it here. The locals are kind and polite. The place is very clean and the English countryside very beautiful. I do miss India alot. (I am originally from Goa, but born and raised in Mumbai.)
    I love to take my daughter to the Children's Centres. We have alot of fun. (Actually Im not sure who has more fun - her or me :)
    Im a member of the Catholic Women's League of England and Wales. I really enjoy being a member and all the activities and events we organise to raise fund for various charities and the church at large.

There are hardly any Indian resturants in this part of town and I miss eating chat the most :)

That's it from me ladies!

Cheers!

5. ashadass

ashadass New IL'ite

Hi ladies :)

I am Asha, put up in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.. Came here in Jan this yr post my wedding...

I am a Telecom Engg. and was working in Bangalore before moving here.. Took a career break as I wanted to get adjusted to all the new things coming my way: hubby, a new home, new place, and the need to cook (which was nothing short of a nightmare a few months back ):p..

Recently started looking for a job but nothing positive seems to be happening so far.. any advice, suggestions, experiences or help in any way is highly appreciated :)

Staying indoors the whole time gets a lil boring at times.. I havent found any friends nearby as yet :(.. My husband's friends stay at least an hours drive from our place :(.. Hoping to make new friends thru this forum.. Anyone who stays close by: would be great if we can catch up sometime :)

bdb.. I love sketching, writing and am trying my hands on oil painting as well.. m glad that a friend of mine introduced me to IL.. Its a great forum for ppl of my kind :)

Thats it from me for the time being..

Take Care
    Asha

6. ashadass

ashadass New IL'ite

Hi ladies :)

I am Asha, put up in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.. Came here in Jan this yr post my wedding...

I am a Telecom Engg. and was working in Bangalore before moving here.. Took a career break as I wanted to get adjusted to all the new things coming my way: hubby, a new home, new place, and the need to cook (which was nothing short of a nightmare a few months back ):p..

Recently started looking for a job but nothing positive seems to be happening so far.. any advice, suggestions, experiences or help in any way is highly appreciated :)

Staying indoors the whole time gets a lil boring at times.. I havent found any friends nearby as yet :(.. My husband's friends stay at least an hours drive from our place :(.. Hoping to make new friends thru this forum.. Anyone who stays close by: would be great if we can catch up sometime :)

bdb.. I love sketching, writing and am trying my hands on oil painting as well.. m glad that a friend of mine introduced me to IL.. Its a great forum for ppl of my kind :)

Thats it from me for the time being..

Take Care
    Asha

1 person likes this.
  7. RenukaVimal

RenukaVimal Senior IL'ite

Hi All,

I am Renuka. Living in Borehamwood, Hertfordshire. Been a month since I landed here from Chennai. Mother to my lovely 4 year old twins and housewife. Has been good here so far...hope to make some friends here through IL.

Renu

8. vaiju09

vaiju09 New IL'ite

Hi Sindhu,

One of my friend got a job in brixworth " Mercedes benz" Recently and he is trying for accomodations nearby Brixworth. Will Milton Keyenes nearer to Brixworth Please suggest me your opinion in terms of accomodation and all. Try to help me

Vaiju

9. upsydaisy

upsydaisy New IL'ite

Hi all
    :)
    I am living in south of UK for the past three years.
    I live on a beautiful island called ISLE OF WIGHT and love its beautiful beach and annual carnivals. ;-)
    But I don't have many indian friend so just wanted to know if any of you live here.:wave:

thnx
    looking forward to hearing from you :thumbsup

10. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite

Hi Vaiju:

Your friend could live in Milton Keynes (MK) if he has a car. The distance between Brixworth & MK is about 35 miles, so it is possible to commute. However, I have no idea about public transport like train /bus.

Northampton would be even closer in terms of distance.

Hope this helps.

Sindhu