Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. deepaakrishnan

deepaakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Hiiiiiiiiiii maami, :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

first of all sorry for not coming up with the FB's as and when i cooked the dishes.

over the last one week, ive been on a cooking spree - made thayir vadai, pav bhaji, tomato methi kuzhambu, rasam, potato curry, carrot raitha, some more palak paneer , dhal fry and tomato peas gravy. :spin:spin:hide:

thanx maami, each one of these dishes came out so well. i had guests at home for 2 days one day for lunch and one day for dinner. they really loved the food. the vessels were empty at the end of the meal. :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

thankkkkkkssssssssssss maami

warm regards
    deepa

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ms. C
    I tried Thayi idli today(Tuesday) only and it was simply marvelous.
    I was tied with other things the weekend and Yesterday. This morning I boiled additonal milk while making coffee and later added equal parts of water kept it warm on one tove. On the other while the pressure cooker was on for the day's cooking, on the third stove I cut up regular idlis first flat and then into four to come close to mini idlis size and shallow pan fried them as you suggested. I left the thayir idlis to soak and when I returned this evening had tehm.
    It was hot outside, so the cool yogurt and idli combination was heaven!
    Thank you much for the recipe. This is oneitem that is going to figure in my home very often...
    I now see khari buiscuits...next stop ...here I come..

3. Winniethepooh

Winniethepooh Senior IL'ite

hellooooooo aunty, sorry that i didnt leave a feedback for yestterdays navratan kurma. i made te kurma for ghee rice and wowwww it was ou of the woorld. its a rich dish and very aromatic too. today for lunch i made poosanika pulikootu, lemon rasam and cabbage curry. kootu tasted awesome and emptied in no time...
    thannks for such nice and jiffy recipes.
    lov,e
    vini

4. kateangeline

kateangeline Senior IL'ite

Dear Chitvish,

Today's dinner was soft phulkas with paneer lababdar. It is definitely restaurant quality with the cream. It is very easy to do also. I made phulkas using the stacked method & so it was done easily.

I have ground for golden brown roast. So will come back with a feedback tomorrow.

Thank you very much for the lovely recipes.

Love & Regards,
    Kate.

5. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Deepa, though "absent" here for qite some time, you seem to have been cooking a lot!!:thumbsup
    You seemto be a great hostess! The proof of the quality of cooking is in the empty vessels left behind - best testimony!!
    Great going!:)

6. Chitvish

Great FB, Kamala!! For us, thayir idlis & thayir dosais are never sufficient!! It is the shallow frying that gives it the touch of thayir vadai!! I am told that they deep fry mini idlis for thayir idlis in restaurants. But that becomes a mess & so I tried it this way. I always stock mini idlis & make this if there are sudden guests, Everybody thinks it is thayir vadai!:hide:
    Khari biscuits came out superb, "to my shock:!!
    But that needs SBS photos for a clear understanding . Now a days, I take SBS myself as I cook. But it is not possible for khari biscuits because my hands become messy! So I have to wait till I get somebody to take SBS photos.
    Thereafter tthe bakery veg puffs is just one step away!!
    Thanks, Kamala.

7. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Thank you Chitramam,,,,,,,,,,iam trying out your dishes slowly and steadily.

8. Chitvish

Dear Vini, the Winnie,
    Poosaanikkai kootu is an "appidiye sappidalam" dish!!

navratan kurma with ghee rice is a great combo!!

9. Chitvish

Dear Kate, my angel,
    So, lababdar stood up to the 5 star standard??!!
    I am so happy that you were successful in making phulkas using the stacked method!:thumbsup Not all find it easy :-(
    Golden brown roast will remind you of restaurant food available in India!!:idea
    Thanks!

10. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear C,

You are right. M loves kadai paneer. i make it Jain so that I need not take the pain of cutting onions :hide:. Today's breakfast is Jowar Dosai. I followed your regular Dosa proportion but repalced rice with Jowar. It came out soooooo crispy and M was not able figure out that this is not the regular Dosai. The batter colour was not white, but as he was busy having crispy, thin dosai's this slipped off his mind. Korda was a good match for this Dosai.

Lunch is Phulka for M, Daliya for me, Beetroot curry and Palak Pappu. M is a vegetable hater, since I am making variations because of your treasure trove i managing to make him eat one variety of green and one variety of vegetable everyday. My MIL was asking him from US yesterday what he took for box, she was shocked to hear that her son started eating greens. Previously it will be a fight between mom and son and she will literally loose her energy to make him eat greens. Now there is a huge improvement. Nowadays I am reading your vegetables section more than anything else :thumbsup