Adorable Pet

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by lathaaakkumar, Jun 21, 2011.

1. lathaaakkumar

lathaaakkumar Bronze IL'ite

Here is a picture of my 11 year old dalmation dog who died two months ago.She was an Angel as her name implied it too.Getting over the loss of a pet is something one can never overcome...She was a darling pet very obedient and extremely affectionate.She had her bed and every night at the stroke of 10 pm used to ask me to spread a sheet on top of the bed and place the pillow.She would wait for me to on the airconditioner and within 10 minutes I would find her fast asleep.I still dont know why the lives of pets who are looked after royally is taken away whereas stray doys suffering on roadsides live very long.I intend starting a home for helpless stray dogs and I request pet lovers of Indus Ladies to give me ideas and also to post to me if interested in joining me...

I have no clue how to go about it and I welcome ideas from my sisters.

Attached Files:

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Latha dear sorry to know abou tthe death of your dog. Pets become like our own children and she was with you for 11 years. So can understand your love for her.

3. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Latha,

Sorry to know about the death of Angel.

But very happy to know that you have decided to help out the stray animals. Animal lovers like us should stop the Pet Trade - breeding of pure bred dogs, who are more prone health issues and start adopting pups from streets and try to give them lives. I'm very happy to know about your plans.

Join the team here : The Chennai Adoption Drive | Facebook
    They are just group of Dog-lovers who try to rescue street pups, foster them and find them forever homes. Its not any NGO, just a group of people, so they will provide you with more ideas. Please join them in FaceBook.

4. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

Lath dear...

Felt very sad hearing tht this angel died :( even i love pets and i have two dogs..One dog died few years ago and one is till with me..my dad really love it to the peak ...They become our own children and really cant survive once they leave us...

Feeding street dogs is really nice idea and i love to hear it..

5. faith11

faith11 New IL'ite

Dear Latha,
    Sorry to hear about your loss. I'm sure your angel must have been greatly loved and she knew it too.
    Great to hear about your plan to start a home for other stray dogs. All the best.

6. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

Hi Latha,

very sorry to hear the death of your pet dog Angel. pets are like our children and missing them is really a loss to us. glad you are going to take care of the stray dogs. Best wishes.

7. sritas

sritas Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Very sorry to hear that your lovable pets demise............you will definetly miss him.
    Very nice of you to think of adopting the stray dogs and giving them a warm sweet home.
    My best wishes, Latha.

8. lathaaakkumar

Thanks to each one of you in sharing my grief at the loss of my pet.It was a real shock to me as I lost two pets in a span of 2 months.I will be posting an article on my other pet shortly.Thanks for all the links given to me.

9. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Hi latha,
    It was really very very sad to read and see the picture of your dear Angel .So touching to read about her bedtime routine every night .I am an ardent dog lover and have a 5year old Lab called Romeo and a
    1 year old Basset hound called Julius .we had a Spitz called Julie who passed away last year in April after having been a part of our lives for 14 years and eight months .I understand only too well about the grief that departed pets inflict on us the loving owners .Your Angel's picture really filled my eyes....the only answer is to get another doggie like her and give her the same name ......it helps in time to come to terms with the loss.
    Dalmatian is a lovely breed and you are lucky to have enjoyed her for 11 years....its a good record for a large breed I'm told .Smaler breeds last longer it seems.

10. lathaaakkumar

Thanks a lot for each one you for sharing my grief.Though the world may cry with you on the event of a death of a human, the same is not the case when a pet dies.Only pet lovers understand what we undergo.It was so nice of my Indus sisters and I feel relieved that my feelings were understood