Addicted to Africa!!!

Discussion in 'Indians in Africa' started by rkgurbani, Mar 23, 2011.

1. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

Hi!
    Any ILs in Ghana???
    Living in any part of Africa just grows on you...It is an addiction that you just can't let go.The simple luxuries that everyone craves anywhere else for all here. Nothing like it.
    Smiles Always!!!

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi gurbani,

i agree with u.we have been here (in africa not ghana)for last 4 yrs & simply can't imagine going back..............though heart aches for motherland & parents ,the simple luxuries u enjoy here make it difficult to plan about going back.
    i really like africans & am astonishhed when people going to america say that they aviod the south due to more afriacn origin population.
    i for one find then loving & friendly..............
    pragati

3. DNM

DNM Silver IL'ite

I had the opportunity to visit and stay in africa many years back, growing up, since my dad worked there for a while. I LOVED IT! I can't tell you the feeling that came to me the very first time I landed there....I felt like I had come home after a loooong time. Maybe that was from previous life. Maybe it is part of my genetic code since all humans came from africa, from one woman actually...

The smells, the sights still make my heart go wild. The rich soil. The dramatic but healing weather. The wonderful food. The simple, back to nature kind of living. The people were amazing....I felt comfortable with them....

Given any chance, I would go back...

4. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    I too understand the feeling. Though I am currently in Chennai, virtually have started living there in Ghana. Have started to dream of the luxuries that husband tells me about. Dont know whether I will be able to get a chance to move there but still I can understand the addiction you people have got.

5. rkgurbani

Hi.... Am sure you will love it. It is just the beginning that can be a bit tough as in India we have our own liberties and space. The people are strong in Ghana and very very proud of themselves and their country, but once they understand that you respect their culture and tradition, they treat you like a loved one. Will be in Accra sometime in July and hope to catch up with you there (locally!!!).

6. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    You have said you will be in Accra in July, where are you put up in Ghana? My husband have moved to Tamale. We are still wondering whether me and kids can move there and put them in a decent school (in Tamale). Will be eagerly waiting for your reply and would like to get in touch with you too.

7. rkgurbani

Hi... good to hear from you again.

I have extended my holiday for some more time and not yet in Ghana due to some personal issues to be sorted out.

We are in Accra, the capital city of Ghana. Tamale is very far from Accra (I think nearly 10-15hrs drive) or a 1hr30mins flight.

As far as I have heard, living is Tamale is not bad at all. If your kids are in the lower standards in school, then you will get decent primary education facilities, but definitely not an Indian school. Also, by now your husband must have met other expatriate Indian families. Am sure, he will be having better picture as life is much different here in Accra being a much bigger place than Tamale and Kumasi also.

Hope you will be able to decide soon.....