Summer camp 2011

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by manisha.sanjay, Jun 14, 2011.

1. wadalma

wadalma New IL'ite

Hi ! I have already sent my non -Indian kid to the ICC summer camp - which was held at the Delhi Public School in 2009/2008 -and I think it was worth the money . ..Swimming -shaded pool , badminton ,ping pong karate ,singing every day ...they were given free food as well and at the end there was a celebration where they were dancing ...
    Unfortunately - the last day my child was forgotten in the bus . It made me think I will never ever send her there again .She was shouting for help for longtime until the driver came back and set her free . There were attendants on the bus who had looked very nice and I would not suppose at all that they commit such terrible thing . Since that time another child died at the school who was forgotten in the bus ... So I only recommend that place if you can solve the transportation on your own ...I would not give my kid into the hand of those transportation staff ...Otherwise it is very cheap -20 qr per day and the kids formed nice groups ...
    There are a lots of camp in Qatar but most of them for people who can afford 100 riyal/kid /day

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2011
  2. manisha.sanjay

manisha.sanjay Gold IL'ite

I am worried for same problem.My mind is not ready to believe in transport facility but have no option as i can't drive and don't have vehicle.
    Thankyou for writing.

3. manisha.sanjay

manisha.sanjay Gold IL'ite

Yes i am going to send her.What about your DD?

4. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

I will send her right from day one.:)

5. lalithatamil

lalithatamil New IL'ite

hi valli,
    welcome to il. my dd is studying in global education center (kg1),there also they conducting summer camp till iam not yet decided . my house is nearer to
    Kalachetra,what are all the activites will be there? if any one knows that,plz reply to me. who r all staying close to Kalachetra.valli where ru from TN,where is ur house in qatar.
    Lalitha

6. Indulakshmi

Indulakshmi New IL'ite

Dear IL friends.

Thanks for shareing good informations, regarding summercamps conducts in schools , i too like to send my children for summercamp as i have no other joices to make them happy during their summer holidays , i hope it will be better to go to school rather than getting bored at home . Atleast they can spend their time with other children , as they are not having anyone near. AS we are not going on vacation this time . have to spend our vacation here itself. Any of you staying in wakrah ? hai to you :hiya and like to meet you . :cheers

With love indu

7. najmal

najmal New IL'ite

visit kalakshetra qatar
    summer camp will start july 1st to august 31
    transportation available

8. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Najmal,I would not recommend Kalakshetra transportation to anyone.The kids have to stay in that mini van(whatever)for at least 1.5 hrs before they reach destination.It is highly unacceptable particularly during summer.