1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

I wish i had a.....

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by brahan, Apr 5, 2011.

1. BabyRose

BabyRose New IL'ite

I have a older brother and a younger sister. So I really don't miss any relation. However, I truly do wish I had more brothers and especially sister. Me and my sister have always complained to my parents as to why they did not have more kids. (My dad still insist that it's not too late . lolll)

But having a sister is amazing, especially one like mine. She is my bestest best friend. We share everything, things I would not even tell my friends. I am just thankful God gave me her.

Just have lots of daughters. This way at least you will be able to do their hair and dress them in cutest clothes.

One of my favorite quote of all times (because it is so true):):

She is your mirror, shining back at you with a world of possibilities. She is your witness, who sees you at your worst and best, and loves you anyway. She is your partner in crime, your midnight companion, someone who knows when you are smiling, even in the dark. She is your teacher, your defense attorney, your personal press agent, even your shrink. Some days, she's the reason you wish you were an only child.
    -- Barbara Alpert

2. Vennella

Vennella Gold IL'ite

I have a brother and a sister, so i have best of both worlds. Though i am close to both of them in my own way, the relations are so different. Both are younger to me, btw. With my brother, i am more protective of him, in fact i act like our mom, i am worried about his health, him picking up bad habits etc. but with my sister, she knows everything about me and is my closest ally, partner in crime. i think it is only your siblings who can connect with your innermost feelings, and complete your half-formed sentences, understand the whole situation with only looks and no words :) with whom you can talk before thinking, and not be afraid of any judgement. :)

3. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

I am sorry if i had hurt you...This is the first time i heard such a fact..and it sounded Funny to me

4. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Oh Sorry ..I completely misunderstood your post

5. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the FB. I just miss a Sister for all the above said reasons

Thanks vennela....Thats so sweet of you

6. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

:wownice thread!!

i wish i had an elder brother and sister who would pamper me like hell!! :biglaugh

regarding sisters i have 2 younger sisters whom i pamper like hell!! especially the youngest one... i love her sooo much that i pamper her as if without those things she will never be alive :crazy:rotfl

though to an extent the need for an elder sister to pamper is little less because of the 2 younger ones... i really feel very bad especially during rakhi i feel very sad when my sil's (my hubby has a lot many sisters even cousins) who tie rakhi to my hubby and he showers them with many gifts:gift... though i used to tie rakhi to my cousin brothers now that they are married and all that family problems.... they have become distant to me place wise and also relation wise :shock::|shakehead:cry:

SO I REALLY WISH I HAD A BROTHER YOUNGER OR ELDER [​IMG] though im very much thankful to GOD for giving me two sisters with whom fights, fun and love was/is/ and forever will be unforgettable!!

7. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for the Fb ammani :)

8. iyerponnu

iyerponnu Gold IL'ite

Oooohh.... I have always longed for an elder brother. I have a younger sister who I pamper and cherish, but always secretly wanted an elder brother. (May be I wished to pampered too!!) But today, I will not trade my sister for anyone else in the world. A brother would have been nice, but the bond we share is simply special :thumbsup

Mythili

9. plakshmi

plakshmi Gold IL'ite

hi

i have caring brother and loving sister. but i miss my mom a lot. she passed away 3 years back. in each and everything i remember and recall her. my relatives and friends might get fed up because for every topic i open, i will mention about her.

Since both brother and sister are in USA, i miss a lot. what to do circumstances are like that.

regards
    lakshmi

10. PeeVee

PeeVee Senior IL'ite

I only have two elder sisters and absolutely agree with what brahan said..never felt i need a brother istead of a sister as i also felt the relationship between the sister-sister is always very special..the freedom to share anything..you always will have a limit when you talk to a brother..but not to a sister! I always felt it when i see my husband and his only sibling sister..