Tour - places in Tamilnadu

Discussion in 'Madurai' started by KRH, Oct 15, 2007.

1. KRH

KRH New IL'ite

Hi, anyone suggest me some places in Tamilnadu for a trip with family and friends?
    Thanks in advance.

2. latamurali

latamurali Gold IL'ite

HAI FRIEND

Welcome to TAMIL NADU

iam so happy that u planned to visit TAMILNADU

Tamil nadu got lot of picnic spots, Temples ,Shopping Malls and what not.

Its better u contact good travelagent and proceed with ur trip and u can even get lot of informations through Internet also

We have lot of entertainement AND AMUSEMENT PARKS like:( in chennai)

VGP Golden Beach
    KISHKINTA
    MGM

MAYA JALL
    ABIRAMI MEGA MALL

MUTTUKADU BOATING
    CROCODILE PARK

GUINDY CHILDREN PARK

THE GREAT MARINA BEACH
    BESAND NAGAR BEACH
    KOVALAM BEACH

GOT LOT OF TEMPLES IN AND AROUND TAMILNADU AND U CAN GO FOR RELIGIOUS TOUR ALSO TO PLACES LIKE

KUMBAKONAM ( FOT LOT OF TEMPLES IN AAND AROUND)

KANYAKUMARI

TRICHY (SAMAYAPURAM MARI AMMAN, MALAIKOTTAI PILLIAR,GUNASEELERUMAL AND LOT OF TEMPLES

TIRUCHENDUR MURUGAN

MADURAI MEENAKSHI AMMAN TEMPLE

KANCHIPURAM KAMATSHI AMMAN TEMPLE,VARADHARAJA PERUMAL TEMPLE , SANKARA MUTT AND LOT OF OTHE TEMPLES

:eek:mg:

Iam so excited........

I cant stop ............its better u come through Travel agent and also check with TTDC website TAMILNADU TOURISM DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION they got lot of pacakges

latamurali

3. achu

achu Bronze IL'ite

hey dont miss out the hill stations , first is the queen of hillstations -OOTY -with its smaller hill stations like coonoor n kothagiri - with its lakes ;gardens ;parks n museums.....
    the next iskodaikanal - my all time favourite:tongue- with its green valley view or the suicide point as its known as.. ;the coaker's walk ; silent valley ; silvercascade -u can tk bath , if ure interestd u can have a visit to palani dandauthapani temple-just 65 kms from kodai
    and the last...yercaud or the shevaroy hills - its less xpensive when compared to the other two...
    i think u can go for treking ,if u r an adventurous n nature -loving person.....do enquire TTDC ....they can help u....n am sure all these 'l b a visual treat...n u'l have lots of good memories 2 carry ,bk home:)...do share ur travel xperiences, if u happen 2 visit tamilnadu.........enjoy:thumbsup

4. whiterainbow

whiterainbow New IL'ite

Hi,

I don't know about your schedules about the visits. I can suggest some package tours for you.

1) Coimbatore Region: Ooty (Koonoor, 5th Mile, 9th Mile and Cokers walk, etc), Maruthamalai, Siruvani Falls, Aanaikatti

2) Thirunelveli Region: You may choose this one for the start of winter season (october-november), Papanasam, Agathiar falls, Kutralam and from Ambasamudhram (famous for Appalam-papad - Kiccha Appala Street of Movie Gentleman), you can reach Trivandrum in 3 hours and so you can visit Padmanabaswamy temple, Kovalam Beach

3) Madurai Region: Azhagar Koil, Meenakshi Amman Koil, Thiruparangundram, Thekkadi, Vaigai Dam, Suruli Falls, Thirparappu Falls, Devaram (it is border of Kerala and you can enjoy the mind blowing mist at any time), last but not least, Kodaikanal, Trichy (2 hours from Madurai), Srirangam, Tanjore, Kallanai, etc.

4) Salem Region: Yerkaud, Mettur, etc...

5) Kanyakumari Region: Kanyakumari (Vivekananda rock, Gandhi Mandapam), Nagerkoil, Suseendram and border Kerala Region

6) Chennai Region: You can find a lot of theme parks in and around Chennai but my suggestions will be Marina beach, Vandaloor zoo, Muttukadu, Beaches in East Coast Road, Chembarambakkam lake, Melmaruvathur and you can find more tourist spots like this in Chennai. And if you had time, you can visit Pondicherry, Kadalur, Neyveli (NLC) too...

7) Tamil Nadu Tourism Corporation is arranging package tours for temples (Navagraha temples near Mayilaaduthurai, Thiruvaarur, Madurai, Kancheepuram, Tanjore, etc) and having some packaged tours to hill stations too.

So select your choice and njoy.

5. narmee_r

narmee_r Senior IL'ite

s. as they told lots of place r there in mdu. here i suggest u some of the place that they missed.
    aliyar dam, monkey falls, suruli falls,thirumoorthy falls, rameswaram, pillayar patti, kuttralam, palani, thekkadi, trichendur, thiruthani, pazhamudhirsolai, vaal paarai venkateshwara temple, kaanchipuram, ashta lakshmi temple near chennai, etc,.......... lots & lots to c. plan well before u start. & then go. if possible make 2 different trips like north TN & south TN. all the best. enjoy.............