1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

kid facing pb in school

Discussion in 'Schoolgoers & Teens' started by connectgayathri, Jun 8, 2011.

1. vmssudha

vmssudha New IL'ite

Hi IL,

My daughter going to complete 4 years. she is very active and quick learner. But She can't sit and do any work more than 10 mins. More distractions. School teachers also mentioning the same thing in every Parents & Teachers Meeting.Her Teacher always says BUSY BODY.

Trying to solve her problem.Please advice me ..

Thanks
    Sudha

2. Gayathri Krishn

Gayathri Krishn New IL'ite

Dear Gayathri,Do all namesakes have this same problem?My son too isan introvert,very soft and very shy at school. At LKG he came and complained that teacher hit him on his head,on his hand.I spoke with the teavcher and the hm they all said they never do it.Then he said she did not hit,but tapped his head because he did not write properly. Everyday for the first two months he came home with complaints about everybodyI was terrified of evenings when hecame wth a list.As days went by he stopped cmplaining,not because I realised his teavher had stopped but because his mentality had tuned to it.I think because these kids are so shy and introverted,they take everything with a pinch of salt.they are very sensitrive. We cannot possibly go around telling ewverybody lay off my child.He is sensitive. It just does not work.They will ask us to keep our kids at home.Eventoday his teacher asks me if I pampered him at home. I did not,in fact I was strict also. It is just the way he is made.Relax and watch your child. She might be right or she might be making mountains out of molehills because she is too soft. Let her communicate more with friends and playmates.A little rough and tumble will help her see the other side of things.My son has no friends in the neighbourhood all are old or middleaged people. So he is still shy, but he has stopped complaining about his teacher.Gayathri

3. connectgayathri

connectgayathri Bronze IL'ite

hi gayathri
    nice e both have smae names and also kids ith same character.....i was happy to read u r ideas.....i think my kid s also same ...as u rs..
    today also she cried...but i m calm today...anyays she should face the world..
    tell me anyother ays to ,make them strong in mind??

4. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Sometimes it is better to not to judge our kids based on teacher/others words. You know your kid better. Some kids will have stranger anxiety and cannot open up. She is just 3 yrs old, give her some time to mingle with others. The more you/teachers force you, the more she might be frightened to go to school.