1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Weight Loss Buddy

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by PinkRubies, Nov 2, 2008.

1. FirSrk

FirSrk Senior IL'ite

Yesterday's diet plan

9 1 glass hot water
    10.30 1 poached egg+2 roti
    12 1 date
    4 1 slice mango+ tea (Dint have time for lunch)
    8 1 roti+salad+Chicken+1/2 cup rice

2. luv2pari

luv2pari New IL'ite

[FONT=&quot]No time for gym? Lose weight anyway[/FONT]
    Keen to lose weight, but no time to hit the gym?

"It often happens that we end up missing on time to indulge in calorie-burning in an anticipation of triggering off a full-on fitness regime," says fitness expert Kiran Swahney.

So, why not dig out occasions some where in the course of the day and cash in some real time to burn the fat. We recommend you 20 physical and foodie alterations for weight loss... embrace them and staying fit won't be a long cherished dream any more!

"On foot is a stylish way to exercise as its easy, versatile, kind to your joints and doesn't require conjuring too much of paraphernalia. So involve walking as much as you can in your routine." says L.Balasubramaniam, Technogym Olympic Master Trainer.

1. Get up and walk around your office or home: This should happen at least every two hours for 5 minutes. This brisk five-minute walk every two hours will give you an extra 20-minute walk by the end of the day without making any special efforts.

2. Wash something thoroughly once a week: Be it the floor, a couple of windows, the shower stall, bathroom tiles or your car...anything that makes you don your cleaning gloves and exert some pressure on your hands and elbows burns nearly four calories for every minute spent on cleaning. A washing session of 30 minutes and you've worked off nearly 120 calories.

3. Drop a movie for an active date: Yes, it's a weekend and you're planning to spend time with your love. Why not head to the local park rather than sit idle in a movie hall? This will not only give you a chance of walking hand in hand, but will also avoid the calories that a large bucket of butter popcorns holds in. What's more? Explore other active dating ideas like cycling together; enjoying a tennis match or a swimming championship...even losing to your love will be fun here!

4. Take a walk before dinner: Yes, you are reading it right! Walking post dinner helps in digestion and burning calories, walking before gorging on your favourite dinner cuts down on your appetite. "Twenty minutes of walking reduces appetite and increases sensations of fullness as effectively as a light meal," informs Balasubramaniam.

5. Make the most of your TV time: This one is for the cricket crazy men and soap obsessed women who spend hours being a couch potato. Now make the most out of the commercial breaks to burn some calories and tone-up your body with the following set of exercises:
    • As the break starts, do 25 jumping jacks.
    • Then jog on the spot for the count of 30.
    • Do 25 abdominal crunches.
    • Lastly, get on the floor and place your feet up on your coffee table and do 25 hip lifts. By the time the break ends, you would have burnt a major chunk of calories.

3. FirSrk

FirSrk Senior IL'ite

Yesterday's diet plan

8 2 glasses hot water
    9 1/2 apple+milk+cornflakes
    12 1 date
    2 Rice+salad+chicken
    5 handful popcorn
    9 2 roti+Chicken

4. melon123

melon123 IL Hall of Fame

hi alpa....here i go....

DIET CHART AS ON 12/6

7AM - 2glass warm water
    8AM -1 glass thin buttermilk
    9.30AM -BF - 1 bowl oats with 1 spn curd+ 1 cup greentea with cinnanom + multivitamin
    12PM - 1 orange + 1 glass buttermilk
    1.30PM - LUNCH - 1 big bowl salad(blackeye bean, sprouts, corns, cucmber, onion and tomato)
    4.15PM - 1 green tea + calcium
    5.45PM - 3 marie biscuit
    7.45PM - 1 bowl watermelon + papaya
    8PM - 1 phulka with dal
    before bed - 1 cup greentea with cinnanom + iron

WATER - 12 glasses

WORKOUT -
    15 mins ab workout
    2 miles leslie sanson walk
    truly toned arms video - biceps and triceps ( 8 mins)
    10 mins cycling

5. reeyak

reeyak New IL'ite

Weekend diet:

11 am - BF suji pasta (sat)/2 brown bread + rooh-afza milk (sun)
    2 PM - chicken curry + rice (sat)/kadhi pokoda + rice (sun)
    6 PM - nothing (sat)/Apple (sun)
    8:30 PM - dhokla 3 pieces + hal raj kachori (sat)/ intestine infection :drowning (sun)

In comparison with earlier binges at butter chicken, butter nan/pizza, this weekend was better, but stomach pain took the life out of me Sunday night. I am on painkillers and antibiotics for 3 days :thumbsdown

Any ideas on how to make cold milk interesting?? I am not a big fan of milk :-/

6. Sanguineme

Sanguineme Silver IL'ite

Dear Alpa,

Thanks for the tip. Yes I can walk for 30 mins a day. I would like to know the exercises to reduce tummy, thighs and hand.

I will post my daily diet plan from today :)

Thanks all.

7. Sanguineme

Sanguineme Silver IL'ite

Hi Reeyak,

You can add rose essene and add little bit of sugar to make cold milk interesting. Rosemilk is tastier that plain milk :)

Hope this helps,

8. Sanguineme

Sanguineme Silver IL'ite

Hi Reeyak,

You can try adding some rose essence and sugar to make plain milk interesting.

Hope this helps :).......

9. Sanguineme

Sanguineme Silver IL'ite

Hi Reeyak,

You can add some rose essence and sugar to make the plain milk interesting.:)

Hope this helps.

10. Ashw

Ashw New IL'ite

Hi,:hiya

I have been following this thread for a long time now...and trying to get motivated.....The problem with me is that i cant exercise...no motivation + loss of energy...:hide:need to loose 10 kgs.....:spinDiet part i can control and have started eating healthy....

need a buddy to motivate me to start exercising ....( i used to go regular to gym until 3 yrs back..till last dec used to go for walks 30mins medium paced...need to start my walks too....

lets do it together :cheers

Btw re making cold milk intresting - y dont u blend fruits with milk and make smoothies/ milkshakes of it...jus dont add sugar.

Will c u arnd ..take care

Ashwini

Last edited: Jun 13, 2011