1. The Great Big Must Read List : Find Interesting Book Suggestions
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Book Challenge 2011

Discussion in 'Book Lovers' started by Gayathri47, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

:rotflAppu! Rajini-Sathyaraj's movie, you say. I'm very sure you meant Mr. Barath (famous for the "Ennama Kannu" song).

Yeah, the plot is somewhat similar- except that Nick of DS is the business rival of his stepdad as opposed to Rajini who takes upon his actual dad, just to teach him a lesson.

I love Double Standard as well, though Paradise remains one of my favorite. Notably so, as Paradise was the first novel I've read of Judith McNaught's.

Nevertheless Double Standard has a special place in my heart as well, due to the plot and characterisations.The part where Nick's personal assistant (Mary something-I really can't remember her name) narrates the childhood story of Nick to Lauren, and how he was deserted by his own mom is sure to break your heart. I can never stop crying while reading that part- no matter how many times I've read the same. The part where the young Nick tells Mary, "It's ok Mary, you don't need to hold my hand. I don't need anyone anymore" ...oh dear, I can even cry thinking about those line of words!

Btw, didn't know there's Judith McNaught's fans here. Glad to meet you guys!:hiya I'm one of her biggest fan too. Have you guys read Almost Heaven? Definitely recommended. The plot is kinda similar to Double Standards, except that it's historical romance and not contemporary like DS.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2011
  2. Shrisha

Shrisha Bronze IL'ite

Hi sofea,

I love "Paradise" novel as well. Matt and Mer :) Beautiful story! U shud read Perfect. Matt and Meredith play significant roles in that novel too.

Thank you for reco-ing "Almost heaven". Will keep that one next on my list :)

3. Shrisha

Shrisha Bronze IL'ite

Have finished "Dork". My rating is 2.75 out of 5. And the score is completely for the humour. What is lacking in the book is a stroyline. There's none at all. Like the author says, its just diary entries , hilarious entries of a corporate Dork :)

11) Dork - 2.75/5

4. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Oh yes dear, have read Perfect and loved it as well! Zach and Julie right? Good pick!:thumbsup McNaught loves to keep her older characters to play some roles in her other novels. Matt and Meredith also make an appearance in Every Breath You Take (another beautiful novel)...and so does Zach and Julie.

Just want to remind you that Almost Heaven is a historical romance or what we call as regency romance, set in the 19th Century. Many may not favor such books but let me tell you- Judith's regency romance novels are just amazing! Try reading Almost Heaven. I'm very sure you'll fall in love with it. Whitney, My Love and Until You are equally good as well:cheers

5. Shrisha

Shrisha Bronze IL'ite

Sure sofea...My next on list are gonna be Almost heaven, Whitney,My love and Until You.
    I do enjoy historical novels too..but sometimes the english gets too tough to comprehend that I give up...

Hope you have read "Woman of substance" also? Talking about characcters, Man..Emma Harte is one hell of a character, I would say!

6. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

I must admit that I've never read any of Barbara Taylor's books:hide: I'll definitely grab the whole series soon.

7. CherryAndChintu

CherryAndChintu Senior IL'ite

4. Tell me your Dreams - Sydney Sheldon completed.....

8. vidyajithesh

vidyajithesh Gold IL'ite

Completed:
    22)Mahashwetha - Sudha Murthy

My Rating : 3.5/5
    Regs,
    Vidya

9. kkdevi

kkdevi Gold IL'ite

My Target is 20 this year

Here is the list of books that I had completed till now:

1. Naked Eye By Sidney Sheldon
    2. Five Point Someone By Chetan Baghat
    3. One Night at call center By Chetan Baghat
    4. Two States By Chetan Baghat
    5. Three Mistakes of my life By Chetan Baghat
    6. Men are from mars women are from venus by John Gray

Regards,
    Devi

10. SujiR

SujiR New IL'ite

Sorry guys,had fallen out of the challenge for a while and lagging behind,now i'm back.
    3) The wedding-Nicholas Sparks.
    A good read.