A housewife needs suggestions

Discussion in 'Working Women' started by geekerala, Jun 1, 2011.

1. geekerala

geekerala New IL'ite

Hi ladies,

I am an educated girl (electronics engineer) with a job experience of 2 yrs in IT field. After my marriage my husband got shifted to his home town which ruined all career opportunities for me. I am sitting idle with no work no money and no personal satisfaction. I am going into frustation. Now I am looking for a homebased job that can earn some money for me and keep my knowledge updated. Please suggest me with the options I may have to come out of my frustation.

Thanks a lot....

2. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

hi,
    pls,do not feel depressed........its a phase & it will also pass.
    you can try tutions.....many housewives would love to get knowledge of computer try it........many old couple would like to try skype to chaat with their kids & they may need help to understand how to start it.....
    maybe you are good at cooking then start cooking classes or some other hobby...maybe u can do a short beautician course & start that work..........best of all you can go for higher education in a field which interest you just for the fun of it........
    you are educated girl & you know the way out ,its just matter of giving it enough thouhght

3. swarna1388

swarna1388 Silver IL'ite

check here

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2011
  4. geekerala

geekerala New IL'ite

@mahajanprgati: Hi dear... i feel the suggestion of having tutions at home a very good idea... i talked my husband regarding this and he doesnt have any issues... :) thanks a lot

@swarna: thanks for replying dear.. but i didnot understand.. what and where to check.. please reply

5. PetiteFashionB

PetiteFashionB Senior IL'ite

I been into same condition.Because of my husbands transferrable job, i
    dont have much work experience.I start a job, quit to move, stay a home into adjustments and depression ...again look for job ,,and time to move again.

This depression this is really bad so come out of it.Do anything that you like.
    Start teaching.You are an electronics eng with 2 yrs exp.I dont know how much gap you have but if you try you may find a lecture job in engg college.
    If not (because of big gap) ,it could be in school for higher classes...like computers etc.But somehow it would bring you on track.
    Then with time you can keep on moving.
    Also you can start calling job consultancies,agencies.
    Beginning would be difficult but your past exp is a big positive on ur resume.

6. chandannasta

chandannasta Silver IL'ite

You are an electronics engineer in IT field then what are you doing at home. Do anything to get in touch with me through email and I will suggest you some link from which u can show yr skill and earn yr knowledge of electronics.

7. riyazt

riyazt New IL'ite

Hi You can find Online home jobs like tuition's, web designs, data entry, content writing etc according to ur taste and satisfaction

8. suseelee

suseelee Junior IL'ite

You are A Professional girl with 2 year experience in It field that why i recommended you to go with Internet marketing. Try to search and collect information about it. I think it will help you to earn money without leaving ur husband home.