1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

SIL's hurtful words.

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by asuitablegirl, Jun 5, 2011.

1. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Oh God that's so mortifying!!! :hide:
    I will never tell anything again, unless I would be happy to read it on the front page of the morning newspaper. If I would be happy for the world to know, I will tell my sil/inlaws. If I want it kept private, I will keep it to myself. I feel what's hardest is when you first find out that other people know, and you immediately picture those people's reactions, and then you have to digest the fact that they know your secret, and then the WORST is when you picture meeting those people again face to face. Ohhh utter embarassment. :oops:

2. smart_soul

smart_soul Bronze IL'ite

Absolutely... There are a few known as BBC (British Broadcasting STation - But they love to broadcast what others thell them). I learnt from experience that if I had to share a news I would just call and tell them and it would reach anyone and everyone and more people in time less tyhan it would take me to call all of them.. So BBCs, I strictly reserve for specific purposes these days.. LOL

3. KateOguinn

KateOguinn Junior IL'ite

ASG----Try practicing this response in private-----------"Really? Really? That's what you think? giggle-------OK then"

If she's embarrassing you in public, then ask her in public--------" I know you'd never intend be so rude, you're such a kind person---is something wrong? Can I help?"

Dhaanika likes this.
  4. asuitablegirl

asuitablegirl Gold IL'ite

Kate, those responses are great! I will definitely try it out. I just hope I can say it with confidence and not have my blood boiling or my voice shaking. :bonk

5. Dhaanika

Dhaanika Gold IL'ite

Kate, that's priceless!! :)

6. sadwife

sadwife Gold IL'ite

I am going to try it out on my co-sister next time. Thanks Kate. :thumbsup