Chitvish Recipes - Post your comments here (part 4)

Discussion in 'Ask ChitVish' started by Chitvish, Sep 14, 2010.

1. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear C,

Not too much of cooking today coz of shashti. Made pal payasam, i was actually browsing through the payasam section last night and MIL came and asked to me make pal payasam. As usual it came out sooooooooo good. Yenna super pink colour, M says this is the best payasam of all and wish I make it every week.

In laws are leaving to US tomorrow, I made Party Pin wheels, Custard Jam biscuits for the kids. I made Mango Thokku last night (I love this pickle, but did not eat for years now as everyone likes Avakkai at inlaws place). The aroma was so good, MIL tasted it and she requested me to make some more for her to carry. :thumbsup. We packed the one I made yesterday and I am planning to make one more tomorrow morning. It tasted exactly the way my mom makes it, coz I love only her Mango thokku and hardly like the one's made by others. superb recipe mami.

2. Mathu

Mathu Senior IL'ite

Dear Aunty,
    Finally moved back to Sinagara Chennai a week back.Got the internet connection at home today.So thought I should immediately thank you for all the one meal dishes and single pan recipes that have been sooooo useful and conitnue to be our source of food for the past month or so.It was indeed a humongous job to pack off things from there with 3 vaalus at home and unpacking them here.But I could manage to cook 3 meals a day almost till the last day there and from the 2nd day we moved in to our new house here, only because of you.I can't tell you how my life was made so easy with your one step Idli maavu recipe.It is definitely a life saver for even a hard core idli hater likeme:hide:
    All the kichdi and dhal recipes are helping me out as they are easy to make the kids eat:)

We are still living with cartons but feeling like making some icecream for the kids.Please tell me if Liquid glucose is available in Nilgris,Mylapore...

Thank you so much for what you are:bowdown

3. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Radha,
    I remember how anxious you were, the last time your in-laws went to the US, about cooking on your own. Now you have become a pro!!:thumbsup
    Sending goodies tro' them.:)
    I always make thokku as per my amma's recipe with B'loran or kallamai mango. Many make thokku very spicy, adding lot of chillli powder to very sour mangoes!!
    Mine is a wee bit bordering on the halwa side!!
    Thanks for your regular FBs.

4. Chitvish

Oh Mathu, welcome back to Chennai!! A real smartie you are!!
    What you are going thro' is not an easy phase, but you do it happily & uncomplainingly! That attitude has to be applauded!:clap
    I buy glucose only from M'pore Nilgiris in 20rs cartons. The stock should be there when you go!!:hide:

5. deepaakrishnan

deepaakrishnan Bronze IL'ite

Hiiiiiiiiiii maami, :bowdown:bowdown

over the last two days, food has been kasoori methi dal, rice, aloo gobi, rajasthani ram khichdi, raitha and papad. RRK after a long time but lovely filling meal and absolutely tasty
    :thumbsup:thumbsup:thumbsup

today planning to have dinner outside so no cooking. :cool2::hide:

warm regards
    deepa

6. Chitvish

Sorry Shobana - I missed to reply you :-(
    Today I am making keera puliseri with usili & suddenly wondered if I acknowledged your reply at all!:idea
    Now I stock small batch of Mysore rasam powder too!!
    Thanks.

7. radhaparth2000

radhaparth2000 Platinum IL'ite

Dear C,

Made White channa sundal for breakfast. Lunch is phulka, Stuffed Brinjals(MW way), Jain Kadai Paneer and cucumber raitha. My second batch Mango thokku also came out awesome :)

8. Chitvish

Dear Radha I hope your daily bulletin inspires others to cook with interest!!
    For your informatioon - I aways freeze mango thokku for use round the year. You can do it too!:)

9. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    made ragi uthappam today for breakfast and jaggery rago dosai also. I mixed a small portion of the urad with ragi flour mixed with jaggery water. It was also tasty.
    Lunch was ash gourd mor kuzhambu, seppankizhangu roast and keerai masiyal. I use the powder which you have given for kalyana curry, have made some and preserved it, easy to make things in jiffy. Keerai chopped in FP and cooked in kutti cooker, just simple. Since power was playing traunt, had not dared to try bread. May try today. And NO MAID again.

10. Chitvish

Deepa, cooking more NI dishes than SI???:hide: