1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

The Children- 21

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by iniyamalar, Jun 2, 2011.

1. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

Day 21

Project Hercules.

I am still in this s*** hole project. Oh God, why is it that I have become heartless these days? When did that happen?

Is it really me who had been doing all these things? I can’t believe it. Well so long.

The realization came so late. I have no choice but to be here and do what I do and damn I am good at it too.

Dr.X appreciated me today. My! Isn’t that something? One part of me- the scientist part of me wants to live here forever, for this is the best platform ever for any ambitious scientist.

Believe me when I tell you that you can have hands on experience in almost anything and everything in the world.

Currently we are playing Gods.

Today we made a great improvement. We had neutralized the fault zone and my team was able to spot the big problem .

The problem we faced in stage one with the units was that we had made them from the human units that were provided to us. We changed this and that to make them stronger but we had no place to store their respective memory cache which we got by artificial extraction.

We didn’t bother to make a clean swap instead what we did was we used new enhanced artificial brain augments, we imported all their old data, compiled them into one platform and put it as one whole memory. That is in practice multiple entities (units) with same persona and memory. We thought interaction between the user and units will be much easier like this and we can create a network of them. But we didn’t think about the psychological problems that would bring us.

The units having same persona had difficulty in understanding and thus the result. They ended up killing each other.

We had lost almost all units that day except unit 9. The fourteen year old unit’s name was Joey. He was hooked up a lot and had trouble in motor activities so was locked up in a room.

Today I went to see him. It was overwhelming. The way he was crying, it literally killed me. He was crying for food. I felt so bad that I was not supposed to give it him.

Dr. X and others were very intrigued by his behavior and were talking animatedly about this. The fact is that these units had been modified biologically to take nutrients straight into blood via injection or specially synthesized capsules. They take no food or water and did not or rather could not digest food like he used to. In fact he was not supposed to feel hunger but here he was crying for food.

That was another psychological anomaly. His body didn’t need food but his mind didn’t get the idea.”How cool isn’t it?” Dr.X grinned at me.

I was sick. I wanted to puke right on his face. I didn’t.

I am now inside my sleeping quarter. I feel bad.

For the umpteenth time, I feel sick of this place and want to go up.

If only I could.

Pavi couldn’t hold it. She ran to the toilet and relieved herself.

Thendral could hear the sound of vomiting but she looked straight ahead on the notebook. Her eyelids battered less as she strained to look at the words on the notebook. She was not moved. She was getting ready for harder attacks.

Inba couldn’t see her like that. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath. But Thendral was alright. She didn’t move a muscle she looked at the book and asked Sean

“Why did you stop? Go on read..”

******************************************************************************
    Page 143

Day 30

Project BlueWarrior.

Today something weird happened.

I forgot to mention, Project Hercules is right now in Hibernation (soon it will be cleaned dead). It was a total disaster and human waste. We did rectify the problem but we were told by the top that the project is to be dropped since they got some new technology tp replace it.
    So we were going to do the same s*** but probably with more aggression.

Thus we were soon assigned to this one. Project Blue Warrior is the new project and was an advanced version of our project Hercules.

This project location is in special clearance floor which meant I was going to a new lift and new floor. Yipee..

I was quite thrilled in one side and feeling nausea on the other when I first came here.

Project Blue Warrior makes what it says.

It creates real like unbeatable warriors for new world order. Teenage kids from all over the world where brought here for this project.

Once they are selected for the project they will be drugged and tagged (electronic tagging with ten number serial code) and ready for surgery.

Then we will pull out all the vital organs from them. We then inject our secret formula into their bones and make it harder and firmer. In layman terms we mix water with cement and make it concrete. The new skeleton is stronger than lead and can face a Uzi (sub machine gun) without a flinch.

They are basically internal knight uniform. This doesn’t mean the bone structure will stop growing, no it will grow only stronger this time. Like iron men, literally.

Then we use their original DNA and create augmented organs.

These organs are also made using extreme technology we grow tissue created by the DNA over strong elastic structures. No ruptures can be made on them even If the strong skeleton is damaged.

The only fragile part is the brain. But this too is artificially created with the capability of using most part of it. The units can think twenty times faster and better than normal human.

But of course we have a secret code embedded in it to have the unit under the control of TPTB(The power that be) or us. They look and behave like normal human kids but only we know that they are hundred times better than the average kid. When they grow up they will be used to work for ‘The Oasis’. A pretty great bunch of kids with controlled minds.

After some final adjustments the units are sent back home.

There is a sister project for this, called Project Nest where in couples from around the world are mind controlled to accept these newly born Blue warriors as their kids.

In most cases we use the real parents of the kids we bring in.

I saw a boy who was brought here and his disappearance was a big deal in media. In a month’s time we were able to create a warrior of him and he was duly sent back to his parents who are mind controlled now.

Now he and others like him are living normally in the community. These units are fitter than human units. One Blue Warrior is equal to ten human units in strength.

We also undertake another kind of experiment.

That is Project Zeus.

This one has much better futuristic warrior men. The exoskeleton itself is a newly constructed metal frame upon which we grow tissues. The functioning of the internal organs is totally new. But we do take spinal cord from a fit and strong human for replacing it in this.

These men don’t need food (they can recycle the energy they obtain from the sun) and they can stay without breathing for hours. These are big and huge men and practically able to do anything. We are making them for the defense purposes.

They can handle thirty armed soldiers in war at a time without struggle.

This project is still in testing waters but already has all the signs of a winning project.

I happened to watch one warrior growing. They stay on incubators where in tissues grow over the exoskeleton in matter of hours. It is fun to watch skeletons growing into real looking men in just hours.

But today I was bored to death. The testing was put on hold and we were given a day off.

So like a diversion I went to our newest addition Project Indigo which involves testing of gifted kids and using them on the new units.

The extraction part is still in testing but the research on the new kids (they call gadgets there- what a connection?) had brought us to some astounding new information.

Some things the kids do is totally unbelievable and that too when we know that they do it naturally.

I like going there since the place is filled with smiling kids.

Today I saw a new boy there. He was so bright looking and he locked eyes with me in an instant. I felt like I wanted to talk and do what he asks me to do.

I felt scared and weird. Mind control in ten years is a big deal. He truly was gifted. I came back without a word.

I am telling myself not to go there tomorrow but something is pulling me towards him

He is unique just like his name. I was told that the meaning of his name itself was GOD , or universal soul. How nice? It sounded nice too.

ISHWAR..I like it.

*************************************************************************************

“God what is this thing?Ishwar is with them.” Pavi had gone pale after reading the entry.

“Please someone tell me this is torn out from some badly written third rate fiction novel.” she couldn’t shake out the sudden pulse she got when the name Ishwar was read. He is in there? She closed her eyes and shivered.

“I am guessing this is a personal log of a scientist working in some secret lab” Sean said and Inba agreed with him by a nod. He was too stunned to speak.

“Shall we go ahead?”Sean asked reluctantly. He saw Inba and Thendral’s face.

“Of course we have to we need to more.” a pale looking Thendral said. Sean could understand how she was feeling right now. If Ishwar was really with these crazy people, He didn’t even want to think about what he has been going through.

Sean flipped the pages for some time and said “Very few entries after that one. All of them are like that. Personal account of gruesome lab works. Nothing pertaining to us. No mention of Ishwar after that.“

“What do you mean? She didn’t go back to see him?”

“She might not have written them probably. Well there is one other entry, let me check.”

*************************************************************************************" " Today I saw him again.

My days have changed..my thoughts have changed.

Oh Ishwar. How I wish I met you in different occasion? How I wish I never took up medicine?

Tomorrow they are going to test you for the first time and I feel like standing on needles. I can’t do anything

I wish nothing happens to you.

I love you"
    *********************************************************************************************

"What happened the next day?
    What happened ?

Thendral like a wounded lion ran to the notebook and flipped them aggressively.

“What she didn’t write anything after that? Why??why??”

“Wait.. “ Inba hurriedly took the note from her and pushed the sheets and turned to the last few pages. He should have seen them while the second half of the book hung down and fluttered in air.

There was one single entry in purple marker.

It was written differently. It was quite evident that whoever had this book had decided to stop writing or just forgot to write after some time. But this last page,it looked it was hurriedly scribbled in, which showed that he or she was in some kind of desperation.

Inba eagerly started to read that particular entry.

Hai. Whoever is getting this.

Listen.

We don’t have much time.

I can’t give you in detail the location of this place.
    Ishwar is with us and he is safe for now but not for long.

Soon he is going to be taken to the extensive research lab which is in Northern Nevada facility. Nobody can help him when that happens.
    He needs to get out now.

It is impossible for us to make arrangements for that. But we have taken our lives in risk and we are planning in executing just what we want.
    Listen carefully we will escape from here on June 16th.

We should be able to communicate to you if you are close enough.

Ishwar says he misses you and he want to have Lasagna first thing when he get out of this place.

Good bye. See you soon.”

Will come….

1 person likes this.

2. DeeYo

DeeYo New IL'ite

Heyyyyyyyy...i am first :thumbsup

3. Rekha02

Rekha02 Silver IL'ite

wow...
    eagerly waiting for next one.

4. iswaryadevi

iswaryadevi Platinum IL'ite

Wowwwwwwwww....Hats off to your imagination dear...Am searching for new adjectives to praise you...You rock!! :thumbsup :thumbsup

5. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

WOW!!!!!!!!! You are indeed rocking my dear Malar ...Well hats off for your imaginations.:thumbsup

Shanti

6. blissofmylife

blissofmylife Silver IL'ite

Breathtaking Iniya!!! I just couldn't resist commenting.. Extraordinary narration.. Brilliant sequence of events.. I wonder how u get such ides?!!!

Keep it going!!

7. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

malar....asusual...it was wonderful...

you get me new words to praise you...i have no words left........help meeee

8. YesBee

YesBee Bronze IL'ite

Dear Malar,

I am really dumbstruck (should I say wordstruck:confused2:) reading the episode. How on the world could you imagine such things:bowdown:bowdown. I was truly immersed in the episode and feel that the below line holds good for the readers too.

Cute little Ishwar is longing for lasagna is it? All of the readers here will be more than willing to send him loads and loads of lasagna to see him back safe:). So June 16th is going to be the D'day for the Ish's arrival and for the episode is it? Cant wait for Monday to read further:rant

9. sapthu02

sapthu02 Gold IL'ite

beautiful.. and awesome...
    lovely narration,. Im excited.. Ishwar is gonna be back!!

10. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

Dear Iniya,
    As usual a gripping episode. cant wait for monday. It is indeed pathetic to think of the things scientists do in the name of research. sometimes they justify that few have to suffer for the good of the rest. But somehow it can never be justified!! thats why we need the ethics board!!! great going sad that some kids/adults have already been modified in the story. hope they have a backup plan to get them back to normalcy...:idea..
    Aparna