1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Gerber Apple First Stage - for a 5.5 month?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by anutt, May 22, 2011.

1. kirukiri

kirukiri Bronze IL'ite

Banana may cause constipation in some babies. Please give a ripe banana.

Samhi: Babies should not reduce milk intake drastically when solids are started. They can drop 1-2 feeds, but thats it.
    By 6-7 months, babies are more active and require more calories. The main source of nutrition is and should still be BM.
    Give solids for practice, for getting a hang of the taste and texture, but not to fill their tummies.
    All solids should be offered 1-2 hys after a BM feed or about an hr before the enxt BM session.

I started solids for my LO at 7 months. All she did was spaced out from 2 hrs feed to a 3 hr feed with intermittent non BM food.

2. karuth

karuth New IL'ite

One more thing. Once you start feeding from a jar, do not refrigerate the left over or donot use it later. If you have transferred it to a different bowl then fine. Because baby saliva can spoil the food very very soon, even if refrigerated.

BMilk is the main food still. My son is 7.5 months now. As per Dr advice , I fed him same food(fruit or veg) for 4 days and then start next variety and stick on to it for 4 days and so on. As long as there are no bad reactions, we can carry on. Bowel movement change(texture, color and frequency). is natural and not bad.

3. anutt

anutt Bronze IL'ite

thanks for the replies dear ladies.. It is intersting to know that BM is still the main source. The prob here is am under pressuer from relatives , elders etc,... if i am feeding her enough? that is why i wanted to started fruits at the earliest. Otherwise i was totally ok feeding her every hour or so as am a Stay at home mom..for 2 more weeks anyway my mil feels now my dd stomach is full as i feed her apple... anytime dd cries everyone says its only hunger..if she keeps anything in mouth its hunger :bonk

so i just gave and started apple...

4. kirukiri

kirukiri Bronze IL'ite

Is your baby sitting by herself? Is your baby mobile?
    If not, then she doesnt need any food other than BM.

Babies explore the world by putting things in their mouth (their most used sensory organ rt now). That doesnt mean that she is hungry. If you think she is hungry, offer her BM.
    BM has most calories, more then what solid food can provide.
    You can try apple juice etc, but babies wont take more than a couple of tablespoons of that initially.

Also, if she is wetting enough diapers, and gaining weight, she is fine.
    Also remember that breastfed babies gain weight very slowly once they become active and even if they are on solids.